Contribute
Register

Apple branded bluetooth module in USB hub - Solved Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-an-W said:
Are you talking about the "Double tap" Lion feature?

Yes - well that and the CMOS Reset - I believe I saw a comment from Tony somewhere that a fix for that could possibly be integrated into Chimera!

Although at the moment things look better for us with the Apple Bluetooth modules that could always change.

I am waiting until I see 10.7.1 which I expect very soon going by what they did with Snow Leopard. And with 10.7.2 already seeded to developers things could change quite soon either good or bad. So I am not implementing any changes on my system till I see what develops both in Mac and Hac worlds ;)

finally got it working, thanks for this guide... here is my apple bluetooth home made

Attachments

• IMG-20110831-00336.jpg
    IMG-20110831-00336.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 394
kmare said:
Diode method posted - Thanks to Swhay for original diagram.

Yes the green and yellow wires between the Apple and USB cable do crossover

Thanks to everyone in this thread for input on getting this working -- I am having trouble getting it to work for me. I have an Apple Bluetooth Module (A1114) module I got on ebay. I soldered the module to a usb cable with 2 diodes to bring the voltage down (red on module --> two diodes --> red; yellow on module --> green; black on module --> black; green on module --> white). I have plugged it in to all the usb ports on my motherboard (Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev 1.0) without it being detected. Anyone with that board or who has had similar problems have any advice? I'm certain the soldering is fine and based on what I've read here the wiring seems correct. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

cmcnice said:
kmare said:
Diode method posted - Thanks to Swhay for original diagram.

Yes the green and yellow wires between the Apple and USB cable do crossover

Thanks to everyone in this thread for input on getting this working -- I am having trouble getting it to work for me. I have an Apple Bluetooth Module (A1114) module I got on ebay. I soldered the module to a usb cable with 2 diodes to bring the voltage down (red on module --> two diodes --> red; yellow on module --> green; black on module --> black; green on module --> white). I have plugged it in to all the usb ports on my motherboard (Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev 1.0) without it being detected. Anyone with that board or who has had similar problems have any advice? I'm certain the soldering is fine and based on what I've read here the wiring seems correct. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I jumped the gun with that post -- retreating I noticed a post about the directionality of diodes...had them backwards. Re-soldered them and all is working. Thanks to everyone who got this working, now to try and get Lion to sleep and wake with Bluetooth.

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and say that I successfully connected an Apple A1181 Bluetooth board to a USB header cable using the diode method. Connected it to the USB5,1 header on my GA Z68MX board and can now wake from sleep with the bluetooth wireless keyboard and magic mouse. It also solved the problem of my "insomniac hackintosh" only going to sleep through a forced sleep command.

I can also use my bluetooth keyboard to select boot drives in the chimera loader screen!

:headbang: :headbang:

notshy said:
Nice to see a fellow Brit on here. Yes that's the right one.

Good luck with the soldering !

I'm a Swede ;)

To my understanding I will not have to solder - It's already attached to an USB header?
It has now been shipped - hope it gets delivered soon!

How are the rest of you placing it inside the case? Thinking of putting it inside the HDD cage with some tape or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back