Contribute
Register

Apple branded bluetooth module in USB hub - Solved Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now, the bluetooth module from which Apple machine works well? (no problem after wake from sleep)
A1114? A1181?
Can people who do this execrise successfully reports which module is using?

siriusw said:
So now, the bluetooth module from which Apple machine works well? (no problem after wake from sleep)
A1114? A1181?
Can people who do this execrise successfully reports which module is using?

The one in my signature works in every way I have tested. Sleep, wake etc etc...

Another successful mod here, ugly as it may be ;)

imagenym.jpg

Only problem now is that about half the time, after waking the computer from sleep, the computer immediately goes back to sleep. Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks!

With Lion, I have to press whatever I use to wake twice now. If it is only pressed once the system goes back to sleep, I was wondering if it has something to do with the new "Low power wake feature".

mikeetastic said:
:clap: yey! diode now working..the reason it's not working is because

BLACK = POSITIVE / GREEN = GROUND on the BT module :lol:

*pretty* it's my first time soldering
dsc0040zc.jpg

system profiler
screenshot20110408at100.png

Thanks sumsaykra-z and the thread starter for the help :thumbup:

did it exactly like this. and it works! i used 1N4001 diodes. what's strange about the diodes, i checked the voltage with 2 and it dropped from 5V to 4.4V. so i thought 4 in series would do the trick - it dropped to about 3.8V. But the module didn't work, it was not even recognized by the OS. i removed the 2 extra diodes and voilà works like a charm.

any ideas?

Just a quick post to say using AppleRTC.kext from Snow Leopard fixed my sleep issues in Lion without any modification to the kext - only glitch is that Wake using my Wireless Magic Mouse requires double click, Wake with Apple Wireless Keyboard works with single key press :thumbup:

Great idea..thanks
Can you tell me the detail of the connections to the hub from the BT

Thanks

the_gael said:
Just a quick post to say using AppleRTC.kext from Snow Leopard fixed my sleep issues in Lion without any modification to the kext - only glitch is that Wake using my Wireless Magic Mouse requires double click, Wake with Apple Wireless Keyboard works with single key press :thumbup:

Same here, the trackpad behaves the same as the mouse too :think:

mr.s4ndm4n said:
From some of the reading that I've done here on the forums, it seems that plugging the Bluetooth adapter into one of the USB headers on the Mobo fixes the 'Sleep Issues' that most everyone is seeing....correct?

Assuming this is correct, and seeing as I already have the Asus Bluetooth adapter (recommended from the CustoMac builds), should something like this work?

LINK: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6812200294

I think you will need to have the same chipset used by Apple i.e. like the modules used by people in this thread. Additionally there are additional sleep issues caused by Lion so if you have moved to Lion there are separate issues.

However I had sleep working perfectly on 10.6.8 before upgrading to Lion.

I believe I did see a comment from Tony that he expected the sleep issue with Lion to resolved fairly soon - possibly by some new code in Chimera (not 100% sure of that but that is my recollection).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back