Contribute
Register

Apple branded bluetooth module in USB hub - Solved Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
notshy said:
the_gael said:
notshy - i decided I had time to at least find out if it worked - so swapped it into my other machine - did not work on any headers. just going to try with diodes now.

I'd try a new one with diodes soldered in before you plug it in.

I tried my existing one again, cleaned up the wires and re-soldered and hey presto it works as it should on any USB header. I think maybe the initial problems were down to my soldering skills (or lack of them).

Works beautifully, the only reason I need to use a USB keyboard now is if I want into the BIOS as the wireless keyboard does not have a delete key.

Works for installing Mac OS X, works for Chameleon/Chimera and works in Win 7 albeit with no scrolling but I can live with that. :)

the_gael said:
Works in Win 7 albeit with no scrolling but I can live with that. :)

Glad it works !!!

Is it a magic mouse ? No scrolling ? Try taking a peek in your Retail DVD when it's in Windows - there should be some Magic Mouse drivers in there. Or I found some via Google. I can PM if you can't find them.

notshy said:
the_gael said:

Glad it works !!!

Is it a magic mouse ? No scrolling ? Try taking a peek in your Retail DVD when it's in Windows - there should be some Magic Mouse drivers in there. Or I found some via Google. I can PM if you can't find them.
I just installed the bluetooth drivers from the Snow Leopard DVD - will have a look for the Mouse drivers - thanks for tip :)

i have my bt module today. can connect it by diode method. it works, but the magic mouse wont respond after using the mouse to wake from sleep. (no problem if waking by keyboard or pressing the power button.) how can i solve this issue. thanks.
the bt module is A1114.

I just got my A1114 module for cheap but unfortunately without the antenna!

Have any of you guys tried reception without the antenna? I only need 1.5m reach... what would work; solder a short wire (specific length?) or do I need to confiscate a rubber ducky antenna off of an old WLAN access point or so? I saw some of the older RF receivers just use a small wire, but that is around 400MHz so probably a whole different story altogether.

@the_gael, after re-soldering it is now definitely working at 3,6V, not 5V right?

Lnx2Mac said:
the_gael said:
Works beautifully, the only reason I need to use a USB keyboard now is if I want into the BIOS as the wireless keyboard does not have a delete key.
viewtopic.php?p=28856#p28856 ;)

Thanks for that - I have a feeling I have a similar one somewhere - just got to remember which junk pile its in :)

notshy said:
the_gael said:

Glad it works !!!

I didn't originally have a Magic Mouse - I have now though - I can see all the drivers iunder Boot Camp but I can't find the drivers for the Magic Mouse on the Install DVD - my Install DVD is 10.6.0 but maybe the support for Magic Mouse came later. If you can PM that would be great - I did google and found some but they did not work. its 32bit Win7 I am using.

the_gael said:
I didn't originally have a Magic Mouse - I have now though - I can see all the drivers under Boot Camp but I can't find the drivers for the Magic Mouse on the Install DVD - my Install DVD is 10.6.0 but maybe the support for Magic Mouse came later. If you can PM that would be great - I did Google and found some but they did not work. its 32bit Win7 I am using.
Did you try Apple's s/w download site? http://support.apple.com/downloads/#magic mouse windows You can download the BootCamp update, then use Pacifist to put out any Windows drivers. Unless, I'm misunderstanding the problem. In that case, never mind. :lol:

I have an A1115 bluetooth module from a PowerMac G5. Just wondering if anyone has tried this module? It would be nice if I could reuse this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back