Contribute
Register

Apple branded bluetooth module in USB hub - Solved Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems, that the current of non-Apple computers is not sufficient for every USB device.

Before, I made a strange discovery: It seems, after the update with all the new stuff of Multibeast 4.5.2, there is the possibility to deliver "additional current" on the USB 2 connectors. My iPad is now charging, if it's connected to the rear USB 2!

This would mean, we have to search on the software side and not on the electrical

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto%202012-06-01%20um%2016.37.02.png
    Bildschirmfoto%202012-06-01%20um%2016.37.02.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 541
MacTester57 said:
Before, I made a strange discovery: It seems, after the update with all the new stuff of Multibeast 4.5.2, there is the possibility to deliver "additional current" on the USB 2 connectors. My iPad is now charging, if it's connected to the rear USB 2!
I can't wait to get this working :D I'm just awaiting my Bluetooth module now as the antenna has already arrived (if i try the non diode method as i believe i have the same module as the OP am at at risk soldering the module to a usb hub ?) Also can i ask what option in multibeast you used to allow your iPad to charge without using the on/off port? thanks :)

Ok im having the weirdest problem with my bluetooth so i was wondering if you would know whats going wrong?
ok well first heres my specs:
Motherboard: GA-P35-DS3L
Graphics card: XFX 5770
OSX Version: 10.7.3
Bluetooth module: APPLE MACBOOK A1181 BLUETOOTH 820-1829-A (A1114)

i think thats all you guys need to know for this but if you need to know anything else just ask but i built this mod and i know that the solders are good and functioning in some way as when i boot my computer in windows mode its seen as a unknown device so i know that its not a dead chip or something so as it was being detected in windows in some way but not OSX i suspect a USB issue and with my basic knowledge of computers and stuff i found that my board has a ICH9 south-bridge chip which i think is the usb controller but after several DSDT edits and trying various USB kexts I've still had no luck at getting it to work so i was wondering if anyone who knows more about this would have any idea or suggestions i would be really grateful if anyone could help in any kind of way?

Im using a votage converter like this one:DSC03826.JPG and i dont think that swapping the wires will help as i know that the connections are all working as it works in my other hackintosh which has a different motherboard hence why i think its a DSDT or Kext issue?

Attachments

• DSC03826.JPG
    DSC03826.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 803
I have strange behaviour on my branded bluetooth on OS X 10.8.2, everytime i shutdown my mac, and the other days i start my Hack, the discoverable bluetooth is "Off", on my sys pref it say "On", but on my menubar it said "Off", it break my wake after sleep and if I click on the bluetooth menubar icon make BeachBall also on the Sys Pref, I can make it normal again if I unplug the bluetooth and plug the bluetooth again...anyone have this issue ?

I just bought my bluetooth module and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I have the diodes ready to go and I also have a 3.3v voltage regulating transistor that I could use but I opened up my D-Link hub and was checking the voltage on the USB bus. It's 5v just like it's supposed to be but I as long as I had it open, I looked at a couple other voltages and the LEDs all are powered at 3.3v. Any reason I couldn't remove the "Power ON," LED and get my 3.3v from that? I'm all for soldering but it seems like a lot of extra work to make 3.3v out of 5v when there's a 3.3v source literally right next to it.

FWIW that does work. Grabbed the voltage off the LED and took the data off 2 of the pins. Easy and no stepping down of the voltage needed.

I thought I give this mod a go.
Bought two modules off eBay.
Both are A1114 as suggested in this post earlier.
Apple part number on both modules are 820-1829-A
One had white cable connector and came with the cable.
The other module had a black connector and did not come with a cable :(
The connectors on both are different :(
Ah well I will find a solution later for the second mod.

Results:
1. The first build was successful after swapping the Green and Yellow to the USB connector.
2. MAC OS (10.6.8) automatically recognises the bluetooth adapter.
3. I was able to add my Apple Wireless keyboard.
4. I was able to add a motorola mouse and keyboard.
5. After pairing with the keyboard, I can shutdown, powerup and access the BIOS with the Apple wireless keyboard - wow !!
6. With the antenna connected, I can use the keyboard & mouse from a distance of 4m !!! (only 0.5m with no antenna).
7. I can wake from Sleep via the wireless keyboard BUT the keyboard DOES NOT work after waking (errors in kernel.log)
8. I can wake from sleep via the power button and all works fine - connects immediately.

On with the first build:
Mod_1.jpgMod_2.jpgMod_3.jpgMod_4.jpg
Mod_5.jpgMod_6.jpgMod_7.jpgMod_8.jpg
Mod_9.jpgMod_10.jpg

Need to fix wake after sleep issue.
ideas please.

Thanks to OP for a great idea.

Mac.

i still can't find one of these bluetooth modules on ebay folks. Is it possible to buy the cable separately as i have found a board and an a1114 together but no cable :( plus i live in the uk so i cannot purchase from overseas really

i still can't find one of these bluetooth modules on ebay folks. Is it possible to buy the cable separately as i have found a board and an a1114 together but no cable :( plus i live in the uk so i cannot purchase from overseas really

The cable on its own cost more than the module !

Here are a couple on UK ebay: 230860999917 & 221134919963
Bargain at starting at £3.95 incl delivery !
Includes usb cable but no antenna.

That's gonna be your next problem. These sell for for about £5 each -- more than the module !

If you do not use an antenna, then you will only get a usable range of about half a metre. You can get around this by (a) using a USB extension lead and place your finish bluetooth module (attached to the USB extension lead) near your keyboard. (b) buy one these (170923193766) and cut off the threaded end and peel back the shielding and tape it up. That's what I did with my second module and I get around 3m range !

Good luck.

Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back