Asus GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,
trying to get my os x mountain lion (10.8.3) running on my pc. The installation worked fine but i can only boot into the computer when it is in safe mode. But when i try to run it normally, it just hangs forever on the apple logo. I am not sure what is wrong exactly. My specs are:
i7-3770K @4.6
Asus GTX 770 overclocked
Asus P8z68 m-pro
corsair vengeance 16gb

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Have you tried any boot flags at all? try some or all of the following:
-x (safe mode)
-v (verbose: to see what is going on and where it hangs with the loading)
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCIRootUID=0

Will need you to post some more info. It is pretty generic right now what the issue might be. Probably with your Nvidia graphics card you should certainly be using the GraphicsEnabler=No.

Have you tried any boot flags at all? try some or all of the following:
-x (safe mode)
-v (verbose: to see what is going on and where it hangs with the loading)
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCIRootUID=0

Will need you to post some more info. It is pretty generic right now what the issue might be. Probably with your Nvidia graphics card you should certainly be using the GraphicsEnabler=No.

It can successfully boot in safe mode and in verbose mode it hangs at the point where it says NTFS 3.1. Do i need to go into safe mode and change something when it boots in the OS with multibeast or maybe kext?

so i deleted all the intel kexts and it began to work. Then it went into a black screen so i think its working, but apple's just not recognizing the card :banghead:. So i probably need to install a kext or something for it to work now?

Edit: What i mean is when i boot up, the apple logo shows then when it goes into the OS it goes to a black screen

Here is what I get now when I try to boot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    951.4 KB · Views: 231
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back