Contribute
Register

Apple Backlight Injector Brightness not saved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will do an reinstallation tomorrow and clear everything and intall Clover with EmuVariable at the beginning maybe it is working then. Then I will report back if it has worked or not.

I will do an reinstallation tomorrow and clear everything and intall Clover with EmuVariable at the beginning maybe it is working then. Then I will report back if it has worked or not.

Make sure you reset CMOS before starting...

An CMOS reset is a Little bit hard on this Laptop when you mean to remove the CMOS battery because then I have to disassemble the whole laptop or would it help to set the BIOS Settings to Factory?

An CMOS reset is a Little bit hard on this Laptop when you mean to remove the CMOS battery because then I have to disassemble the whole laptop or would it help to set the BIOS Settings to Factory?

Resetting BIOS may not clear native NVRAM.

I will test it tomorrow and then I will give you an feedback.

I have now reinstalled everything and installed the AppleBacklightInjector.kext back to /Library/Extensions and repaired the permissions with Kext Ultility otherwise the Kext didn't load. I installed also Clover with EmuVariable at the beginning and I have seen when I reboot with different Brightness Levels that the backlight-level is changed and also in the Clover Boot.log. When I do an reboot it still reverts back to the default Brightness level. Do you have maybe another solution for this?

I have now reinstalled everything and installed the AppleBacklightInjector.kext back to /Library/Extensions and repaired the permissions with Kext Ultility otherwise the Kext didn't load. I installed also Clover with EmuVariable at the beginning and I have seen when I reboot with different Brightness Levels that the backlight-level is changed and also in the Clover Boot.log. When I do an reboot it still reverts back to the default Brightness level. Do you have maybe another solution for this?

You didn't mention clearing native NVRAM by removing the CMOS battery.

That I can try also but then I havenow to dissasembly the whole laptop completely.

That I can try also but then I havenow to dissasembly the whole laptop completely.

Sometimes things are not easy... it is just the way things are.

I did now a CMOS Reset and when I try to boot now I get now Error allocating 0x146b8 pages at 0x0000000004c5000. I have also attached an Screenshot with the complete Error Message.

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 171
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back