Contribute
Register

Apple ATI Radeon 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, but ATI 5770 and 5870 which do not have mini DP
can't use ACD, even u got the adapter

no the apple card isn't worth the extra bucks... go with a 5770 Eyefinity 5 edition ( 5 mini-dp ports). The eyefinity 6 (same card but based on a 5870 and with 6 mini-dp ports) has been reported to work on hackintoshes with 24" cinema displays, therefore the eyefinity 5 is very likely to work.

source: http://discussions.info.apple.com/threa ... ID=2453787

Ivanovitch said:
no the apple card isn't worth the extra bucks... go with a 5770 Eyefinity 5 edition ( 5 mini-dp ports). The eyefinity 6 (same card but based on a 5870 and with 6 mini-dp ports) has been reported to work on hackintoshes with 24" cinema displays, therefore the eyefinity 5 is very likely to work.

source: http://discussions.info.apple.com/threa ... ID=2453787
is it able to run tri screen on this card?

I have the ATI eyefinity 6 and an Apple Cinema Display. Everything works well in windows with the ACD, but it will not work on the hackintosh. The only way I can get the eyefinity 6 to half way work is with a different monitor and via a mini display to DVI adapter that came with the card. The ACD stays black when connected to the eyefinity 6.

Yep, this is exactly the reason I went with Apple's own 5770. I'm hoping it won't have this issue. I read somewhere that the Apple cards have been tweaked slightly to send a particular startup signal for the ACD, which might be why its not working with all types of cards.

apple may have due with ATI
becoz they got 5770 and 5870 for upgrade.

that's why 5770 and 587 (non mini dp version) not really support acd

nobey said:
I have the ATI eyefinity 6 and an Apple Cinema Display. Everything works well in windows with the ACD, but it will not work on the hackintosh. The only way I can get the eyefinity 6 to half way work is with a different monitor and via a mini display to DVI adapter that came with the card. The ACD stays black when connected to the eyefinity 6.

stupid cinema display :banghead:

guys please confirm that the apple card indeed works with the cinema display, otherwise we'll have no choice but to get a dvi to mini dp converter (inducing bad things like input lag but :silent: )

I will update this thread as soon as I get my 27" ACD, but I'm in the UK so it might be a few weeks yet before we even see them :(

it goes the same for me, delivery in France is scheduled for mid october :rolleyes:

However it's strange that we are the only ones having this interogation about the 27" ACD, on Osx86 boards i found no threads dealing with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back