Contribute
Register

Apple Announces October 27th Press Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda expected this, this whole touch bar seemed to be apples approach /spin on touch screen if you get me? was hoping pascal support but none i see and no new Mac pro or imac as of yet. and prices went up across the board

Its better off having a hack tbh.

NO new iMac. NO new MBA. No new Mac Pro. ALL new MBPs are Skylake based, no Kaby Lake. Apple, this is really disappointing! :banghead:
Its poor to say the least, I would expect that the newer models coming from people like Dell or HP will be using the newer Kaby Lake CPU not last years tech. Its a bit of a joke really, not good enough for supposedly high end products, I guess its a reason a lot of us have gone over to a hack. Its poor and not good enough.

No1
Other |  i5 4460 |  HD 4600
These were the first Macbook Pro's designed without input from Jobs and boy does it show!

Kaby Lake would be the chip if they will support T.Bolt 3 and 4K at 60Hz. Then you can simply
connect to an Apple display or other 4K/5K display with your 13 inch or 15 inch MacBook.

There are quite a few Kaby Lake Windows laptops already available. It would be a complete surprise
to me if they went with Skylake in the new Macbooks. Wouldn't make much sense to go with the older
processor at this point in time.

http://www.ultrabookreview.com/11638-intel-kabylake/
It really is Skylake though

It really is Skylake though
Looks like they are getting 5K/60HZ via the USB-C TB3 connection to the LG 5K monitor so that
bypassed the need for Kaby lake in the new 15" MBP. They will probably upgrade to Kaby Lake
chips in the next MBP refresh. 2nd half of 2017 possibly ?

Looks like they are getting 5K/60HZ via the USB-C TB3 connection to the LG 5K monitor so that
bypassed the need for Kaby lake in the new 15" MBP. They will probably upgrade to Kaby Lake
chips in the next MBP refresh. 2nd half of 2017 possibly ?
Could be, i'm wondering if it would be better if i use the newer Skylake smbios in the near future. Currently using the 2015 Broadwell MacBook Pro.

bypassed the need for Kaby lake in the new 15" MBP.

they did because of RX450/460, the 13" MBP cannot do that with 2 monitors 5K...

anybody know of what model is the LG 5K monitor?

I'm depressed now its kinda like we are loosing support on graphics adapter ,no good drivers on 9xx nvidias ,Rx 460/470 still need another vga to boot , no nv pascal ,the future is dark and obscure on masOs Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back