Contribute
Register

Apple Announces October 27th Press Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
13" Macbook Pro with function keys utilize the Intel Iris Graphics 540.

The 3 Macbook Pro models will all be Radeon based. That's it as far as new Macs.

I know the rumors and leaks have suggested as much, but seriously, no refresh on iMac or Mac Pro lineup? So no more hope for Pascal support?

The whole push focused on Touch Bar. Rumor has it that the refresh of iMac's will take place in the early part of 2017.

I know the rumors and leaks have suggested as much, but seriously, no refresh on iMac or Mac Pro lineup? So no more hope for Pascal support?
I think that the event today with the new LG 5K monitor showed us that Apple expects pro users to buy the 15 inch MBP or a 5K iMac. Could signify the end of the cylinder Mac Pro. Never sold well enough to justify a refresh in the past three years. Was an interesting experiment that happened to fail. Too expensive for the mediocre performance it gave and the lack of internal storage.

Pascal support is dependent upon whether Nvidia will write drivers for Sierra. Might happen, maybe not.

Looks like that GTX ITX 1050 i had my eyes on won't work. Maybe ill give a try with ATI Radeon GPUs in stead this time.

Kinda expected this, this whole touch bar seemed to be apples approach /spin on touch screen if you get me? was hoping pascal support but none i see and no new Mac pro or imac as of yet. and prices went up across the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back