HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Apple 24" LED Cinema Display (Mini-DisplayPort) scrambled desktop on restart

Hi all,

Its been awhile since I've posted as I had some extended travel. But, I'm back and finally was physically in the presence of my Hack so I could finally update it to Mountain Lion! (My machine's details are in my sig)

Updating to ML from Lion was easier than I expected, and I was even able to go to 10.8.1 without any incident at all.

The machine actually works nicer in Mountain Lion than it did in Lion. For example, power management and speed-stepping seems to work out of the box, yay! (I wonder if this was due to MultiBeast 5.0.2, even though I did not install any of the speed-stepping options?)

Anyway, my issue I'm posting about here is that my Apple 24" LED Cinema Display, which was working perfectly under Lion, now behaves oddly under ML and the HD4000. On restart, everything is fine going through the BIOS splash screen, through the Chimera boot screen, then the grey apple screen, but when I get to the desktop (1920x1200), I get a scrambled image which is only about 1/3rd as tall as my monitor. I am able to "fix it" but unplugging the display from my machine and plugging it back in again. Then, its perfect again. Until I reboot that is.

I am using a mDP -> DP adapter, which may be part of the problem, but why did it work so well under Lion then?

Anyone have any clues on fixing this?

Thanks!

Sorry, no solution here, but I have the exact same issue verbatim... only difference is 27" ACD using Mini Displayport into the Intel HD4000 graphics (latest Mountain Lion). I will post any of my findings and I hope you do the same. :)

BOOM.

Fixed it.

Gotta add the Graphics Mode lines to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist so Chameleon boots at full res. No more garbled screen at the login prompt.

I can confirm this does work. For anyone else coming along here looking for a solution to this issue, add:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>

To your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. Of course, use the natural resolution of your particular ACD.

edit: sorry for bumping this topic, typed my reply in the wrong window :)
But it does work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back