Contribute
Register

App Store won't let me buy Lion?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you looked at what your system definition is? I'm not sure what intel definition wouldn't run Lion, as I have an original MacPro running Lion fine, but I guess that could be a problem.

Next, see what serial number your computer is registering - Apple use serial numbers to validate iCloud syncs and the like. There is a way of doing this that I found at this link:

http://3rr0rists.net/guides/how-to-fix-icloud-on-hackintosh-lion-10-7-2.html

Perhaps the same problem is happening with your build? I'd give it a try as long as you know it will not mess with any apps you already have that rely on a serial number.

David

karacho said:
Sorry i saw the above posting too late, forgot to mention you have to add EthernetBuiltIn=yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (if it isn't already in there) and reboot

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

:banghead: :banghead:

Sorry again

I did this, but it didn't seem to help.

Serial number might be an issue... my SMBios.plist has a serial number I scavenged from my old Power Mac G4 tower (like the one in my avatar :lol: ). I'll try that next!

Success! I generated a serial number with Champlist and the App Store will let me buy Lion! Woo-hoo! :headbang: Thank you Orangezorki! :clap:

Good to see that it worked! Make sure you keep an appropriate serial number on your machine, and all that iCloud and App Store goodness should work fine. I'd keep the same one you have generated just in case.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back