Graphics
nVidia GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm sure this is a FAQ... did I miss the thread somewhere?

tonymacx86 n00b here, but experienced Hackintosher.

I have a Core 2 Quad Hackintosh I built a couple years ago (it ran Leopard originally) that has been running Snow Leopard quite nicely. I wanted to download Lion to install on a new SSD I will be buying on Black Friday. But my attempt to buy it in the App Store failed, with a message "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer."

I also have a real Mac - a Core Duo MacBook - but it is not supported under Lion either.

I'd rather not pay the extra $40 for the USB stick. Is there a way I can persuade Apple to sell me the downloaded version through the App Store? Any ideas? Thanks.

try to press option key, that way you can buy osx lion from lion itself. give it a shot

emaf said:
try to press option key, that way you can buy osx lion from lion itself. give it a shot

I don't understand your suggestion. How do I "buy osx lion from lion itself" when I don't have Lion anywhere?

I tried pressing the Option key in the App Store when I hit the Buy Now button and got the same result.

Make absolutely certain your ethernet connection is en0.

Hey Going Bald, good catch! I'm on en1 as it happens. Thanks!

[later] ... but I still get the same result. :problem:

I ended up buying a Lion stick because I wasn't allowed to purchase the download either.

The error message was "We could not complete your purchase. This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer"

I checked system info on my SL GA-EP45-UD3P Hackintosh and the ethernet was set to en0. So I guess this wasn't the problem here either.

I don't particularly mind paying the extra $40 for the stick. Both SL and Lion together costs about the same as single copy of OEM Win7.

BTW I think I'm about 80 or 90% of the way there using Unibeast on the new GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 system. On board sound and sleep aren't working.

havec said:
I ended up buying a Lion stick because I wasn't allowed to purchase the download either.

The error message was "We could not complete your purchase. This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer"
Sorry i saw the above posting too late, forgot to mention you have to add EthernetBuiltIn=yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist (if it isn't already in there) and reboot

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

:banghead: :banghead:

Sorry again

Please don't be sorry. The Lifehacker SL GA-EP45-UD3P Hackintosh that I put together 2 years ago is a special case. It evolved through a process where I upgraded to the Cartri Bios which does not need DSDT patching. Unfortunately, Cartri got pissed off at people copying his work and took down his website. I've had this SL install going on with all updates including the Cartri Bios for 2 years and I'm kind of fond of it. It has processor independent speed stepping so it is much quieter than before I flashed to Cartri. Here is a screen shot of my Extra folderCartri Bios Extra Folder.tiff As you can see there there isn't a chameleon.Boot.plist to edit. I suppose could add one but I kind of like this SL install and I'm going to keep it going for as long as possible and I don't mind paying Apple for the OS.

Now if I could just get the Unibeast Lion GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 install to wake up after sleeping.

Thank you for the reply. I'm sure there are a lot of other readers out there who will find your post most helpful.

Attachments

• Cartri Bios Extra Folder.tiff
    74.8 KB · Views: 242
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back