Contribute
Register

App Store Login Error Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a new install and fixed the issue with Method 3, but bizarrely I can now no longer register any app that isn't from the App Store!

My licenses aren't accepted (serial number and email address etc) in Postbox, Alfred, Fantastical etc.

Thanks for the guide -- After trying Method 1 and Method 2, Method 3 finally worked for the GA-X58-USB3.

Still cant get it to work. Same Red message when trying to login on app store.

My hardware is:

Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68X-UD3-B3

Tried every method, many times, re-installed SL 3 times from scratch, and nothing.

Audio does not work, and my ps-2 keyboard sometimes does not works as well at start.

I got desperate, then I installed a SL virtual machine on VMware on Win7 on another HDD, where I could login to app store. I downloaded Lion there, copy it to an USB FDD, drop it in the Applications folder on the actual Snow Leopard HDD.

Then I tried both the xMove+MultiBeast method, creating an installer partition, and the UniBeast method, trying to install Lion from an USB FDD. Both methods did not worked, and I couldnt install Lion either way.
When booting from the Installer partition, it keeps rebooting my machine...and when trying to boot from the USB FDD, it freezes on the white apple screen at start.

I am totally out of ideas, since everything I tried did not worked.

Thanks method 3 worked :D

pvl123 said:
Hello Im running on 10.7.3 and Im trying first method but I cant find extra folder. Where could be a problem?

19601606.jpg

If you used Multibeast or the standalone installer of Chimera, the Extra folder should be on the root of your drive (when you double click it from the desktop).

If not, maybe it's in the EFI partition of your hard drive.

To access that, you'll need to use an app (EFI Mounter) or input the mount commands from the Terminal. Make sure you unmount the EFI partition before rebooting or you might have trouble booting next time.

Cheers!

I was able to fix the App authentication issue following method #1. However, it presented another problem. I currently have a dual monitor setup using 2x DVI ports on my HD6870. When changing /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to include the following:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Only one monitor comes up, the other monitor is blank and gets a "no signal" message. If I go back and delete the above key and string, both monitors work. Currently, I've created a /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist called /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.appstore and created a script that renames the running /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and reboots. I run the script whenever I want to access the App store, then run the script to change it back to use the dual monitors. Clearly there must be a simpler solution.

I did some research and cannot find much information. There was another post by someone having a similar problem back in 2011, but has zero responses.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? :headbang:

Thanks in advance!

jsalzer1979 said:
I was able to fix the App authentication issue following method #1. However, it presented another problem. I currently have a dual monitor setup using 2x DVI ports on my HD6870. When changing /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Last I knew is when your AMD GPU is running correctly you do not get dual DVI support and need to run the second monitor out of HDMI or Mini-Display port with an active adapter to DVI if your using DVI monitor.

I know
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string> Does help enable full resolution on some nVidia cards but I didn't know it had any effect on AMD cards. But then again I do not dabble in this to much as all of my cards are working fine.

Also when running your dual monitors out the DVI ports, is your card running @ 100% and identified as a 6870?

I have tried these.methods and so far.nothing works.

the problem i am having is that Ethernet is not showing up at all. it is turned on. My mobo is an Asus P5Q Pro.(socket 775).

Any help on a fix would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back