Contribute
Register

App Store Login Error Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Chameleon boot loader looks like this now,

where exactly do I place this new string?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks...

dolphans1 said:
My Chameleon boot loader looks like this now,

where exactly do I place this new string?

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks...

This should be what your org.chameleon.boot.plist should look like.
Just follow the format. :headbang:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>PUT YOUR STRINGS HERE</string>

</dict>
</plist>

I highlighted the added entry in red fonts. Just replace the line 'PUT YOUR STRINGS HERE' with your custom generated strings. :thumbup: :)

PCIRootUID=1 resolved the issue here.

WIN!

I have the Asus Maximus Formula motherboard with Marvell Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet Controler. I have never managed to work correctly in each specific Controler Lion 10.7 or 10.7.2 or 10.7.3. So I decided to buy Ethernet Controler PCI Card TP-LINK's has more of the Chipset RealTek, RTL8169SC. Just put him straight MAC OS X LION 10.7.3 automatically recognized him with its own drivers without the Apple I to install some extra Kext!!! But here the problems begin. I can not get into the App Store (it turns out the famous message: Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance) nor in iCloud. I tried all the solutions you propose flawlessly and eventually worked for me for Marvell Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet Controler, but the PCI card with Realtek Controler RTL8169SC anything does not work! I am in despair. What happens? Is there another solution?

Jester's suggestion on page 6 of this worked. So if you have the same MB as us his notes should help some of you.

My computer seems to forget about its ethernet connection every once in a while, as i use my wireless for my connection. When this happens my computer gives me the message that my device is not verified....
Ethernet never erases from the Network page in SP, but seems to disappear from the Network Utility.
To solve this I simply need to connect my computer to an ethernet connection and its fixed.

Does this happen to anybody else that might be using only wireless? And why does this happen? It is quite annoying because i have to move my whole computer to another room when this occurs, just for such a simple task.

Just thought I'd throw in here that my PCIroot value was 4--not 1 or 0 like everyone seems to say are the only two options. Setting this correctly solved all my issues with NVRAM not being recognized and App Store not working. Type in the following in Terminal to see what your PCIroot value should be:

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" | grep "_UID"

Props to verdant on insanelymac forums for this command.

I'm running 10.7.3 on a Dell OptiPlex 755 with an NVIDIA 8600GTS 256MB card.

Mak 1 said:
Solution
Always make a backup of your files before proceed.
Install Latest Lnx2Mac Network Drivers for RTL81xx Chipsets to get better results.
Fixed Network Interface should look like this.
Service name can be differ but Interface must be the same....

file.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method - 1
Add these arguments to your org.chameleon.boot.plist (com.apple.boot.plist) in Root/Extra folder.
*arguments must be written between <dict> </dict>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<string>Yes</string>

Method_1.jpg
-Then reboot.

No success? Follow the second Method

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method - 2
1-Delete the configuration in network preferences. (hit the minus (-) to delete) then Apply.
2-Inside YourRootPartition>Library>Preferences>System Configuration.
Delete:
-com.apple.network.identification.plist
-NetworkInterfaces.plist
3-Reboot
4-Go to network preferences and create new network service. (hit the plus (+) to create) then Apply.

No success at all? Follow the third Method.

*IMPORTANT! Read this before Method - 3
EFI Strings in boot.plist causes GPU issues after 10.7.2 Update on some Configurations.
For Problematic Configurations do the following.
-Remove any EFI Strings in boot.plist
-For GPU acceleration (NVIDIA), use necessary kexts. (eg. NVEnabler.kext)
-For network, use latest Lnx2Mac drivers and method 1 & 2.

Method - 3
1-Download EFIStudio 1.1 (http://www.kexts.com, or Google search)
2-Start EFIStudio and Select Device>Ethernet
3-Hit Add Device
4-On the new window you will see a lot of numbers (Hex String) in the second row.
*BE CAREFULL! IF YOU ALREADY HAVE GRAPHICS or OTHER HEX STRINGS IN YOUR ORG.CHAMELEON.BOOT.PLIST(in root/extra folder) DON'T REPLACE IT, YOU HAVE TO MAKE COMBINED HEX STRING BEFORE REPRACEMENT.
*EFI STRINGS ARE ONLY FOR NVIDIA GPUS

***COMBINED STRING CAN BE OBTAINED BY ADDING 2 OR MORE DEVICES TO THE LIST IN EFISTUDIO, YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU ADD MORE DEVICES ON THE LIST, THE HEX STRING IN THE WINDOW WILL CHANGE. CHOOSE DEVICES TO ADD ACCORDING TO YOUR HARDWARE. THEN YOU WILL GET THE COMBINED HEX STRING.
--------------------------------------
5-Now you can add the Hex Strings to your org.chameleon.boot.plist(com.apple.boot.plist) which should be in root/extra folder. When you add it manually make sure it is in
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>Your Hex String here</string>
arguments.
---------------------------------------
6-Reboot
7-Repeat Method - 2

After last reboot it should be working.
Good Luck.

IT WORKS! FINALLY! AFTER OH SO LONG TRYING! THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we do this on a USB Wifi Adapter??

I have an Airlink101 Wireles N adapter set up as en0 but I can't make it work as built-in, therefore I can'l login to the App store.

What can I do?

I can't use another NIC because my mobo is mATX and I already have two graphics cards and no PCI or PCIe slots available. USB is the only way. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

:D Thank you sir. It worked after method 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back