Contribute
Register

App Store Login Error Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
App Store Login Fix for Zotac H67ITX-C-E

Thanks Mak 1;

Your detailed guides helped a lot.

I couldn't log into the App Store, pages loaded OK, but I couldn't access my account or download anything. I would get "Your device or computer could not be verified. …."

Ethernet EFI injection worked for Zotac H67ITX-C-E. I used EFIStudio to extract the EFI string and TextEdit to add "device-properties" to com.apple.Boot.plist (in Extra folder) . . .

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b0000000100000001000000....etc.</string>

I also deleted the 2 prefs files in "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/" and deleted the ethernet and wifi ports in Network prefs, and reinstalled them after rebooting.

This is my first time using EFI strings, and of course it was the last attempt to fix the problem. I tried everything from cloning from my Zotac H55ITX systems that worked with the App Store, to clean installs and every fix reported on the Hack forums and Apple forums. Interesting that real Macs have this problem too.

This has revealed that if this error is occurring your ethernet is likely not working correctly. Mine was registering with en1, when it should have been en0. And it also showed as "Ethernet Adapter (en1)" in Network prefs, and as "Ethernet Adapter (en1) (en1)" in Network Utility, which was obviously wrong. It is now just "Ethernet" in Network prefs, and "Ethernet (en0)" in Network Utility.

I'm not new Hackintosh but this issue was a challenge. Had me thinking all sorts of frightening thoughts. Good news, it's fixable.

Thanks

Re: App Store Login Fix for Zotac H67ITX-C-E

mactition said:
Thanks Mak 1;

Your detailed guides helped a lot.

I couldn't log into the App Store, pages loaded OK, but I couldn't access my account or download anything. I would get "Your device or computer could not be verified. …."

Ethernet EFI injection worked for Zotac H67ITX-C-E. I used EFIStudio to extract the EFI string and TextEdit to add "device-properties" to com.apple.Boot.plist (in Extra folder) . . .

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b0000000100000001000000....etc.</string>

I also deleted the 2 prefs files in "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/" and deleted the ethernet and wifi ports in Network prefs, and reinstalled them after rebooting.

This is my first time using EFI strings, and of course it was the last attempt to fix the problem. I tried everything from cloning from my Zotac H55ITX systems that worked with the App Store, to clean installs and every fix reported on the Hack forums and Apple forums. Interesting that real Macs have this problem too.

This has revealed that if this error is occurring your ethernet is likely not working correctly. Mine was registering with en1, when it should have been en0. And it also showed as "Ethernet Adapter (en1)" in Network prefs, and as "Ethernet Adapter (en1) (en1)" in Network Utility, which was obviously wrong. It is now just "Ethernet" in Network prefs, and "Ethernet (en0)" in Network Utility.

I'm not new Hackintosh but this issue was a challenge. Had me thinking all sorts of frightening thoughts. Good news, it's fixable.

Thanks

You're welcome mate. :thumbup: If you want to go for Lion 10.7.2 make sure you read the post again. 10.7.2 have issues with EFI stings.

Mak 1 said:
You're welcome mate. :thumbup: If you want to go for Lion 10.7.2 make sure you read the post again. 10.7.2 have issues with EFI stings.

I guess I should have posted that I'm running Lion 10.7.2

The EFI solution works perfectly, just add the string and reset network ports. I also got about 25% download boost with this fix for App Store access.

Also I'm using LNX2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext 0.0.90, the only driver that sleep/wake works 100% with the Zotac H67ITX-C-E and i7-2600K CPU.

Thanks

mactition said:
Mak 1 said:

I guess I should have posted that I'm running Lion 10.7.2

The EFI solution works perfectly, just add the string and reset network ports. I also got about 25% download boost with this fix for App Store access.

Also I'm using LNX2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext 0.0.90, the only driver that sleep/wake works 100% with the Zotac H67ITX-C-E and i7-2600K CPU.

Thanks

EFI Stings causes GPU issues on mine :crazy: :)

Hi,
Noob here. I'm using a Linksys Wireless G card on the pc in my sig. Onboard NIC is disabled. I can get online just fine using airport, however, just have the app store error. Tried all 3 solutions to no avail, and have been reading here. Not sure what I need to do. If option 1 does not work, do I leave those settings in or remove them? It wasn't clear from the main post. Thanks guys for any help!

Dan

danimal2 said:
Hi,
Noob here. I'm using a Linksys Wireless G card on the pc in my sig. Onboard NIC is disabled. I can get online just fine using airport, however, just have the app store error. Tried all 3 solutions to no avail, and have been reading here. Not sure what I need to do. If option 1 does not work, do I leave those settings in or remove them? It wasn't clear from the main post. Thanks guys for any help!

Dan

SOLVED! I finally got it working with the solution shown here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=31774&start=21

danimal2 said:
danimal2 said:
Hi,

Dan

SOLVED! I finally got it working with the solution shown here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=31774&start=21

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Tip: A far as i know, for app store You need to have that "Ethernet" fix , even if you connect with wi-fi.

Thanks a loooot! I thought I would go crazy with the app store...
The 1st method worked for me too!
1.<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
:beachball: running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a ACER Ferrari 5005 Laptop :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now my next target: Make run Realtek ALC883 audio controler and Broadcom NetLink BCM5788 wired ethernet. Here we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back