Contribute
Register

App Store Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saved it as an AML file from there(pic 2)..and placed it in the /Extra folder(pic 1). I restarted my computer and don't see "RMNE" as a Network Device. Where do you think I may have gone wrong?!

Once you have the kext loaded (eg. DSDT patch is applied, kext is installed properly), you can add the interface from SysPrefs->Network.

You can check for NullEthernet loading under the RMNE node in ioreg (IORegistryExplorer).

Keep in mind the kext is 64-bit only, so you can't boot SL in 32-mode and expect NullEthernet.kext to load.

Once you have the kext loaded (eg. DSDT patch is applied, kext is installed properly), you can add the interface from SysPrefs->Network.

You can check for NullEthernet loading under the RMNE node in ioreg (IORegistryExplorer).

Keep in mind the kext is 64-bit only, so you can't boot SL in 32-mode and expect NullEthernet.kext to load.

Wow...I'm glad you mentioned that...lolll...I would've NEVER thought to do that to be honest. But of course, NOW I'm having problems starting my computer in 64 bit mode...lolll...I tried the boot flag "arch=x86_64" which resulted in my computer starting up with the apple logo and a continuous spinning wheel...and I also tried the boot flag "-force64" and that didn't result in any change. When I type "uname -a" into terminal, it still states RELEASE_1386 i386....I also tried to hold down 6 and 4 when my computer starts...and that didn't work either. Am I doing anything wrong!? Or is there anything else that I should be doing!? I can't tell you how much I REALLY appreciate your help!!! THANK YOU!!!

Wow...I'm glad you mentioned that...lolll...I would've NEVER thought to do that to be honest. But of course, NOW I'm having problems starting my computer in 64 bit mode...lolll...I tried the boot flag "arch=x86_64" which resulted in my computer starting up with the apple logo and a continuous spinning wheel...and I also tried the boot flag "-force64" and that didn't result in any change. When I type "uname -a" into terminal, it still states RELEASE_1386 i386....I also tried to hold down 6 and 4 when my computer starts...and that didn't work either. Am I doing anything wrong!? Or is there anything else that I should be doing!? I can't tell you how much I REALLY appreciate your help!!! THANK YOU!!!

What version of OS X?

Version 10.6.8

Version 10.6.8

You should be able to run 10.6.8 in 64-bit mode, provided you have compatible hardware.

You could also build a 32-bit version of NullEthernet.kext.

You should be able to run 10.6.8 in 64-bit mode, provided you have compatible hardware.

You could also build a 32-bit version of NullEthernet.kext.

I would presume that my hardware could support 64 bit...in fact...I'm positive=/...not sure why it's not working though...how would I go about building a 32-bit version of that kext though!?

I would presume that my hardware could support 64 bit...in fact...I'm positive=/...not sure why it's not working though...

Not sure what hardware you're dealing with (the hardware in your profile is not supported by SL).

how would I go about building a 32-bit version of that kext though!?

You have to know a bit about xcode...

No guarantees, but here is an experimental universal build attached...

Attachments

• RehabMan-NullEthernet-2014-1222.zip
    48.4 KB · Views: 707
Let me ask your opinion on this then...I have another Mac(an actual mac...that's running SL)...I have the ability to download Lion from the app store...and then I could make a bootable Lion USB...do you think this would be my best choice!? I would imagine that Lion would utilize my current hardware a little better which may make everything substantially easier for me?!

Let me ask your opinion on this then...I have another Mac(an actual mac...that's running SL)...I have the ability to download Lion from the app store...and then I could make a bootable Lion USB...do you think this would be my best choice!? I would imagine that Lion would utilize my current hardware a little better which may make everything substantially easier for me?!

I have no idea what hardware you're referring to. The Ivy hardware in your profile can run Lion 10.7.5.

Did you try the 32-bit NullEthernet.kext I attached?

Yea that's the hardware that I still currently have...maybe Lion would be my best bet...I didn't try that kext yet. I figured that if Lion will use my hardware properly, maybe I'll be able to use the 64 bit kext?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back