Motherboard
ASUSTeK M51AC
CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
GTX 980
APFSStart:1456: Mounting with apfs_efi_osx-748.77.8
efi_container_create:1079: -efi_container_create, Status = 8000000000000007

Entire message in italics. Reason why I say message, and not error, is because it's not necessarily throwing an error. I make the USB using UniBeast, drag in MultiBeast, then restart my computer and attempt to boot into USB. I'm not presented with anything else before I hit that message.

Speccy (on the system I'm trying to install this hackintosh on)
DGiRH7s.png

Did you ever get this fixed? I am encountering the exact same problem. I just downloaded High Sierra from the Mac App Store, got the latest Unibeast to create the macOS installer, copied over the latest Multibeast and other files to the "Install..." partition of my USB stick, and when I boot from it in my custom machine, it just stays on the motherboard boot screen "GIGABYTE™ [Insist on Ultra Durable]" for about 5 minutes and then shows your exact error message 7 times.

I have unplugged all my other drivers just to check. My USB stick is a 16GB USB2.0 stick and I have tried it in a USB2.0 and USB3.0 port.

It's no error message, but the logging generated by APFS.efi (Apple File System).
If you want to get rid of it see post #11 of [APFS] High Sierra 10.13.1 - No early logging on how to patch apfs.efi, or use
ApfsDriverLoader.efi instead of apfs.efi.

Ok, so two potentially stupid questions. Does removing the logging allow it to continue forward as expected and why does the logging freeze the boot procedure before I have even done anything?

Random update too. After it sat for a little over 5 minutes, my monitor just went to a black screen. Five minutes after that, I decided to yank the USB stick and restart, but as soon as I pulled the USB stick, it went straight to the Clover bootloader (proper terminology?). I put the USB stick back in and selected the MacOS installer and it very slowly got to about 85% before it just stopped there. I gave it 15–20 minutes and then gave up on it. Will get around to trying your options at some point. Can both be done or should only one of the two options you gave be attempted?

Thank you very much for your help.

Five minutes after that, I decided to yank the USB stick and restart, but as soon as I pulled the USB stick, it went straight to the Clover bootloader (proper terminology?).
Is this a fresh install or an upgrade?

Is this a fresh install or an upgrade?

It was a fresh install. I had early that day downloaded High Sierra from the Mac App Store on my Macbook Air and used it to prepare everything. I have the appropriate settings on my motherboard enabled/disabled as needed. I have used this exact machine as a Mac in the past (last year with Sierra) but kept having issues with sound. Figured I would give it a shot again for the hell of it. Have not tried the recommended fix yet as I have been busy today.

This is still occurring and I'm still semi interested in installing a hackintosh. Still looking for potential solutions!

My rig started doing this and I boot off my SSD drive and it displays the message once and never proceeds. This started yesterday I replaced clover on my boot partition and secondary boot partition in the machine worked fine all day but today it no no longer works

similar thing happenend to me - any news on resolving this? I keep getting this window...

Attachments

• IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 330
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back