i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Skip to the bold for headlines only:

I've been running Catalina since its launch without issue. I had a GT640 gpu, which I just updated to an AMD RX 580.

I haven't been able to get acceleration since upgrading see: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/catalina-no-acceleration-amd-rx-580-8gb-sapphire-oc.298451/

I decided to either reinstall (last resort) or start over with a fresh EFI partition.

Yesterday, I replaced my EFI partition (and copied in my old plist as a 2nd option, if needed). Now I cannot boot at all!

Verbose hangs every time at DK: DriverKit_AppleEthernetE1000-0x100000291 user server timeout

I still never fixed this dang gpu acceleration...now I can't boot. Worse, I can't reinstall, bc my other working Mac (MacBook Pro 2015) has no recovery partition to disable sip in order to create a usb.

Please help. me get back into my system where I can make some repairs.

Any ideas/??

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Thank you! It stutters (hangs for a little bit before finally moving on) in 2 places before hanging up entirely (complete failure to progress to boot). I'm including them all in case it helps solve the problem.

Stutter one:
IMG_3306.jpeg

Stutter 2:
IMG_3307.jpeg

Final Stopping Point:
IMG_3308.jpeg

1689.png

Search for 1689.

I couldn’t find any solution. I used windows to create a clover usb, replaced the efi folder with my old one (a backup), and ripped out the new AMD to put the old Nvidia clunker back in. Now I can boot, but my original issues are back...I really need some help at this point.

first, I think I’ll install recovery partition on my MacBook, if I can figure out how to, to avoid all the trouble while experimentin.

any advice is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back