Contribute
Register

Anything I should know before adding more RAM??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or search for 're-patch' in the above guide.

You should probably add a link in the Clover guide somewhere. Some how easy to find by looking for 're-patch' or 'repatch'...

RM, If we add RAM, the HD3000 shared memory will increase, right?
Now with 4GB RAM it os 384MB, if we will have 8GB, it will "automatically" raise up to 480MB, right?

Thanks!

RM, If we add RAM, the HD3000 shared memory will increase, right?
Now with 4GB RAM it os 384MB, if we will have 8GB, it will "automatically" raise up to 480MB, right?

Thanks!

I forget what it goes to with 8GB, but yes it increases.

I forget what it goes to with 8GB, but yes it increases.

With 8 GB RAM, is the maximum shared memory quantity we can reach, right?
I'm trying to watch an FIFA World Cup match in 720p .mkv with VLC but i(only in OS X) it suffer micro slowdowns.
Maybe more RAM can help? Generally speaking, may I see differences adding 4GB more RAM (I changed my almost died HDD to an SSD too)!

Thanks!

With 8 GB RAM, is the maximum shared memory quantity we can reach, right?
I'm trying to watch an FIFA World Cup match in 720p .mkv with VLC but i(only in OS X) it suffer micro slowdowns.
Maybe more RAM can help? Generally speaking, may I see differences adding 4GB more RAM (I changed my almost died HDD to an SSD too)!

Thanks!

I think this is going to depend more on the software you're using to playback the mkv and the video codec used in the mkv. 720p is easy for your hardware provided it is a video codec that can be hardware accelerated by the software (I play back 1080p bluray/HDDVD mkv backups regularly on a less capable system... on Windows though).

I think this is going to depend more on the software you're using to playback the mkv and the video codec used in the mkv. 720p is easy for your hardware provided it is a video codec that can be hardware accelerated by the software (I play back 1080p bluray/HDDVD mkv backups regularly on a less capable system... on Windows though).

RM, can you confirm that this RAM will work on my Laptop, please? http://www.kiasa.fr/Files/23867/Kingston-4GODDR3PC1333.pdf

Thanks!

For 8gb Ram is 512mb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back