Contribute
Register

Anything I should know before adding more RAM??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I am about to get four more gigs of RAM soon, which will give me 8GB total. I'm wondering if I need to do anything in order to not get a kernal panic or something crazy. I know that you have to do something during installation of OS X when you have over 4GB of RAM that you'll use, but I don't know if it's the same after you already have OS X and everything installed and working 100%.

I don't want to find out the hard way, so I'm asking before hand.

Thanks to anyone who can help me. :)

Hey guys, I am about to get four more gigs of RAM soon, which will give me 8GB total. I'm wondering if I need to do anything in order to not get a kernal panic or something crazy. I know that you have to do something during installation of OS X when you have over 4GB of RAM that you'll use, but I don't know if it's the same after you already have OS X and everything installed and working 100%.

I don't want to find out the hard way, so I'm asking before hand.

Thanks to anyone who can help me. :)

Repatching DSDT is required after changing the amount of RAM installed. Especially on the ProBook 4530s.

Could you please give me a quick few steps of how to do that? And obviously I would boot right back in after adding extra RAM, right? Since you're saying I have to repatch.

Will move this post as this is clearly not pertaining to a desktop...

Repatching DSDT is covered in the ProBook sticky guides.

Oh sorry. It's not real clear to me on this site where I should post things. Thanks a lot for your help, though.

If a forum has a sticky thread named "Desktop Only", then it is not for laptop questions.

Or search for 're-patch' in the above guide.

You should probably add a link in the Clover guide somewhere. Some how easy to find by looking for 're-patch' or 'repatch'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back