Contribute
Register

anyone with a msi cyclone radeon 6850?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this card up and running, OOB. Haven't tested it fully yet, Spend a lot of time fixing the Audio.
Finally got it working... thanks to idd's guide.

card works oob with two monitors with GE=no

otherwise only dvi works and I hope display port to dvi will work also otherwise I am forced to find another one..hdmi screens are recognized but display black picture

with ge=no all works but I do get some crashes on start up sometime

Sorry for taking so long, real life issues. I still haven't be able to test with two monitors, but I will try again this weekend, but so far I really like this card.

It works OOB (ge = yes), it is extremely quiet (I've set the onboard switch to silent) and I've played Portal 2, Starcraft 2 and some other games with everything set to high quality with no issues at all.

And I also haven't tried to use hdmi + audio yet, but it's in my future plans.

I can confirm it works with two monitors but only one needs to go on DP,no dual DVI,
also no working hdmi, black screen here .. I went out and got active adapter for DP.
grtz

Sorry for taking so long.

I was able to test it with two monitors, a 22" and 17" and they worked at their full resolution (1680x1050 and 1440x900), but since both of them use DVI connectors I had to set GraphicsEnabler to no, and this caused the known issues (like the DVD player and some steam games crashing), but I was able to run starcraft 2 and cinema 4d just fine.

Now I'll try to get a dvi -> hdmi adapter.

Is it possible to run Triple Monitor setup?
I've seen many post only use HD 5770 for Triple Monitor.

moarfish said:
Is it possible to run Triple Monitor setup?
I've seen many post only use HD 5770 for Triple Monitor.
I'm curious to know that too, but I won't be able to get a third monitor+adapter for a while.

Anyone knows if this card will work with an VGA screen, using a DVI-VGA adapter??

Thanks, and sorry for my english

Sorry, the adapters haven't arrived yet so I still don't have a way to get 3 monitors connected without using the second dvi (which is a no-no for some apps).

Well, I've got some news: managed to do some tests with a displayport cable and a dvi/hdmi cable. I used two dell 32" monitors (they have vga, dvi and displayport connectors) and here are the results:
- dvi + hdmi: worked perfectly, full 1080p on both monitors with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Didn't notice any issue at all.
- dvi + displayport: it works with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, BUT only if I connected the displayport cable after logging in. If the cable is connected before logging in the monitor connected on displayport displayed a warning about having no connection and went into sleep. Unplugging it, logging in and plugging it back made it work, but it is quite annoying. I tried setting PciRootUID=1 and 0, and AtiConfig=Duckweed but nothing helped. Perhaps my friend got a bad cable, but I will only know when my adapter arrives.

We didn't have 3 monitors to test but when we connected the 3 cables (dvi, hdmi and displayport) it behaved as if there were 3 monitors connected (I got to the login screen and the two monitors were displaying a gray background, meaning the login window was supposed to be shown on the third monitor). So I think that it is very likely that it will work with 3 monitors, just have to solve the displayport issue (I really hope it is just a bad cable).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back