Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I'm thinking about buying a MSI Cyclone Radeon 6850 and I searched for any post about it with no luck. Does any 6850 work out of the box with Lion or should I stay with a safer choice like Sapphire?

Thanks for the help.

Hey,

I am using one with lion 10.7.1 and it runs fine out of the box (MSI R6850 Cyclone iGD5 power edition). Haven't encountered any problems so far (knock on wood). I do suggest updating to 10.7.1 when using Lion. The drivers are much better in the update.

The only I can not working on my system is sleep. If this has anything to do with the GPU i don't know. I would highly doubt it though.

Hope this helped.

arten said:
The only I can not working on my system is sleep. If this has anything to do with the GPU i don't know. I would highly doubt it though.

Have you tried using the new SleepEnabler for 10.7.1?

arten said:
Hey,

I am using one with lion 10.7.1 and it runs fine out of the box (MSI R6850 Cyclone iGD5 power edition). Haven't encountered any problems so far (knock on wood). I do suggest updating to 10.7.1 when using Lion. The drivers are much better in the update.

Hope this helped.
It sure helped. I'm looking for a quiet and simple to install new graphics card and found the msi cyclone for a nice price where I live, but I was kind of nervous about buying it because pretty much nobody mentions it on osx forums. Thanks for the input.

And about sleep, I still haven't found time to make it work on my system. @DrFate09, where can I find the new SleepEnabler?

andreibosco said:
It sure helped. I'm looking for a quiet and simple to install new graphics card and found the msi cyclone for a nice price where I live, but I was kind of nervous about buying it because pretty much nobody mentions it on osx forums. Thanks for the input.

And about sleep, I still haven't found time to make it work on my system. @DrFate09, where can I find the new SleepEnabler?

It is a nice GPU. I can only hear it when it is not idle. At idle it is about 40 degrees. At full load in windows 7 I get 70 degrees. But this probably could be lower when using a well ventilated case (i'm using a custom g5 case mod).

@DrFate09 thanks I will give it a go later tonight. I am a little cautious though. last time I tried a sleep enabler kexst (10.6.8) it gave me KP @ boot. consequently I needed to remove it through terminal in de SL install disk.

DrFate09 said:
Have you tried using the new SleepEnabler for 10.7.1?

Ok I have tested the SleepEnabler you suggested but sadly it gives the same kernel panic. Maybe I am installing it wrong. I just copy it in the /Extra/Extension folder and reboot...

thanks for your help.

Setup:
GA-z68p-DS3
i5 2400k 3.3ghz
8 gb ram
MSI Hd6850 cyclone iGD5 PE
userDSDT (autopatcher)

A friend just bought 2 new dell ultrasharp monitors and we are going to test them with this card next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back