CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I just built my Hackintosh yesterday and it is all up and running but there is one crucial tool I can no longer use - my scanner.

Currently my scanner is attached to my router which doubles as a print server and whereas I can access it as an LPD printer via its IP address, I cannot figure out how to access the scanner (Canon MP280 All-in-One).

Now it is not such an issue because it is a pretty old printer so I am about due an upgrade - but I do need the scanner for scanning my invoices each month in order to send them to my accountant.

So I was wondering if anyone can recommend a printer/scanner which has either Ethernet or WiFi and is compatible with El Capitan for both printing and scanning over the network?

OK so I bought the Canon Pixma MG5750 and can confirm that it works over the LAN both for scanning and printing on my Hackintosh, iPhone and MacBook Pro. But you need to use the Canon software to get it to scan (when I try to scan from the Printers & Scanners utility in System Preferences it doesn't work) which is not an issue - I don't mind what tool I use to scan with so long as it works :)

Of course if you go the USB route there will be zero issues - but I was looking specifically for a network capable Scanner/Printer.

OK so I bought the Canon Pixma MG5750 and can confirm that it works over the LAN both for scanning and printing on my Hackintosh, iPhone and MacBook Pro. But you need to use the Canon software to get it to scan (when I try to scan from the Printers & Scanners utility in System Preferences it doesn't work) which is not an issue - I don't mind what tool I use to scan with so long as it works :)

Of course if you go the USB route there will be zero issues - but I was looking specifically for a network capable Scanner/Printer.
Do you find a speed difference in the file transfer to the printer via WiFI vs USB to be a problem?

Do you find a speed difference in the file transfer to the printer via WiFI vs USB to be a problem?
No it seems to be just as fast as if it were connected directly over USB. I was actually surprised at how easy it was once I had the correct software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back