i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500 + GT 920M, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
anyone succeed with Clover? I try many time but not lucky with clover, exclude Opencore!

Clover 5120 isn’t booting the Big Sur installer as far as various forums say. Opencore 0.6.0+ is needed. I would recommend to all to ditch clover and set up Opencore.

and i think command in terminal have issue? maybe hasn't word "--nointeraction"
When I ran command in this thread it said:
~ % sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur\ Beta.app --nointeraction Password: objc[28474]: Class IASNightInstallSupport is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IASUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IASUtilities (0x7fff90e28f70) and /Applications/Install macOS Big Sur Beta.app/Contents/Frameworks/OSInstallerSetup.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAInstallerUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IAInstallerUtilities (0x10d608ac0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. objc[28474]: Class IASSystemInformation is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IASUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IASUtilities (0x7fff90e290b0) and /Applications/Install macOS Big Sur Beta.app/Contents/Frameworks/OSInstallerSetup.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/IAInstallerUtilities.framework/Versions/A/IAInstallerUtilities (0x10d608bd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. Erasing disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 100%
But when erase "--nointeraction" seem fine?

Anyone succeed with Clover? I try many time but not lucky with clover, exclude Opencore!

Currently it seems that the latest version of Clover (5120) is not working with the Big Sur beta. If you need or want to try Big Sur now on a hackintosh you have to use OpenCore.

For me, there is no need to try to run Big Sur even after its release later in the fall. I just finally got Catalina 10.15.6 installed and running on my main system a few days ago, 10 months after its release. I won't try Big Sur until at least mid-2021 at the earliest. By that time I believe it should be clear to me whether Clover can still be used with Big Sur.

funny it’s taken me much much longer to get a stable system recently and made me become very risk adverse. I was less so not too long ago with upgrades. I sadly had to upgrade my real Mac laptop as I need to keep up for iOS development purposes.

But to be frank, I plan to migrate off to Apple silicon when it’s out. I probably will convert my hacks back to Ubuntu as I had before (when we had all the nvidia issues.)

I still have not upgraded my current desktop to Catalina successfully. As as soon as I get something running it breaks again. I’ve started to lose patience to spend more than a bit of time on it.

Currently it seems that the latest version of Clover (5120) is not working with the Big Sur beta. If you need or want to try Big Sur now on a hackintosh you have to use OpenCore.

For me, there is no need to try to run Big Sur even after its release later in the fall. I just finally got Catalina 10.15.6 installed and running on my main system a few days ago, 10 months after its release. I won't try Big Sur until at least mid-2021 at the earliest. By that time I believe it should be clear to me whether Clover can still be used with Big Sur.

I'm still on Clover, just installed the latest version 5126. I picked up someone else's efi and config but modified it for my own use. So far so good. Will try to install Big Sur later today on a spare drive.

Yep just wrapped up installing Big Sur using clover (5126) on a Haswell system using 15.1 sys definition. Installed on a external drive. Took a while like 3 reboots, but no real issues. I only poked around adjusted some settings, but for the most part seems like everything works, sound, network, dual monitors etc.

As for the OS itself... very ipaddy like, lots of puffy wasted space for the same stuff which was more clearly defined before, wellllll... I guess that is a topic for a different discussion.

Am I able to use the latest clover and Keats to do a vanilla fresh install on my intel pc? I was running Catalina before and decided to go back to windows 10. Thinking of going back to MacOS. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back