Contribute
Register

Anyone Install Big Sur Using Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep just wrapped up installing Big Sur using clover (5126) on a Haswell system using 15.1 sys definition. Installed on a external drive. Took a while like 3 reboots, but no real issues. I only poked around adjusted some settings, but for the most part seems like everything works, sound, network, dual monitors etc.

As for the OS itself... very ipaddy like, lots of puffy wasted space for the same stuff which was more clearly defined before, wellllll... I guess that is a topic for a different discussion.
would you be so kind to share your efi config and tell us what kind of adjustment you did.
I just can‘t get 5126 to work on my system (currently running catalina).
thanks.

+1 can't get it up and running. maybe your config can help

I'm also interested in anyone that gets it running with clover. I'm on 5119 currently and Catalina. Tried upgrading to 5126 and I couldn't even boot into Catalina. Thankfully had backed up EFI folder.

I tried the opencore route initially and after 4 days of banging my head I stopped. And I'm not exactly new, I've done about 5 total hackintosh builds. Clover route took me a few quick hours to have everything up and running on this build. Updates for Catalina directly from the appstore worked perfect.

This system is finally where I want it on Catalina, working great and all my software finally in place. I don't want to do a fresh install. But Big Sur does look nice on my 2018 MBP 15.6" and I would like to switch.

The farthest I've been able to get is in verbose mode the last line "Console relocated to 0x7f800000000"

For reference if anyone else has the same specs:
ASUS b365m Prime Motherboard
i7-9700
32gb DDR4
SX8100 512gb M.2 NVME for boot drive
Sapphire Pulse RX580

would you be so kind to share your efi config and tell us what kind of adjustment you did.
I just can‘t get 5126 to work on my system (currently running catalina).
thanks.
No problem, here is my EFI folder.

The only real stuff I adjusted were to make audio work and other somewhat cosmetic stuff. I use Clover Configuator to adjust things.
Devices: Audio inject=2 and AFGLowPowerState is selected
GUI: I set screen resolution

Something to keep in mind, since clover is now using parts of Open Core you cannot just update a clover install to the latest. There are some older drivers if installed will not work, or conflict with the parts of Open Core. If that makes sense. Plus this whole Quirks thing, there are some defaults you need in the config file.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 372
Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, here is my EFI folder.

The only real stuff I adjusted were to make audio work and other somewhat cosmetic stuff. I use Clover Configuator to adjust things.
Devices: Audio inject=2 and AFGLowPowerState is selected
GUI: I set screen resolution

Something to keep in mind, since clover is now using parts of Open Core you cannot just update a clover install to the latest. There are some older drivers if installed will not work, or conflict with the parts of Open Core. If that makes sense. Plus this whole Quirks thing, there are some defaults you need in the config file.

Hope this helps!
thanks for your efi file.
I did move to open core now. was quite some work and intens reading, but i have open core up and running.
And it all works as with catalina.

thanks for your efi file.
I did move to open core now. was quite some work and intens reading, but i have open core up and running.
And it all works as with catalina.
Well done. I plan on going OC soon myself. Rebuilding everything from scratch. This way I will have a more complete understanding of what is going on.

I have successfully booted bigsur on clover and Opencore. Yes it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back