1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. eMac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Did Apple "fix" iMessage again and prevent Hackintoshs from logging into iMessage?

I have a fresh install of 10.9 on my 4530s. iMessage won't let me log in as it states I need to contact Apple with some long code.

I am using bootloader installed via the Probook Installer, have the NVRam module/file loading. No matter what I do (changed serial number, moved to a different SMBios), I can't seem to get iMessage to log in.

I should mention I tried all the usual suspects (reordering network interfaces, etc)

I should mention I tried all the usual suspects (reordering network interfaces, etc)

Did you try changing your password?

Also ensure that you have installed FileNVRam in /Extra/Modules The file version should be 1.1.2.
If this doesn't work after restart then a reset password should fix it via iTunes/accounts. Restart using UseKernelCache=No.

http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

Also ensure that you have installed FileNVRam in /Extra/Modules The file version should be 1.1.2.
If this doesn't work after restart then a reset password should fix it via iTunes/accounts. Restart using UseKernelCache=No.

http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

Please note that is only true if using Chimera. In general, ProBooks are using Chameleon.

Resetting the password on my Apple ID seems to have done the trick. Thanks again!

Resetting the password on my Apple ID seems to have done the trick. Thanks again!

No problem. If you change your sys def a number of times it will have to be changed again.

Please note that is only true if using Chimera. In general, ProBooks are using Chameleon.

Hi RehabMan,

Using Chimera/Chameleon makes no difference with Apple/iMessage.

Hi RehabMan,

Using Chimera/Chameleon makes no difference with Apple/iMessage.

Last I checked there was not a solution where both Messages and Facetime could be made to work with Chimera. FileNVRAM 1.1.2: Messages works, Facetime broken. FileNVRAM 1.1.3: Facetime works, Messages broken. My understanding is that with Chameleon + FileNVRAM 1.1.3 both Facetime and Messages work. Please let me know if this is changed, because as far as I know it has not. I'm not a heavy user of these apps, but some people are.

The other reason we use Chameleon is because Chameleon + FileNVRAM 1.1.3 results in proper restoration of LCD backlight level upon restart/reboot, whereas last time I tested Chimera it did not. There is also an issue with Chimera as far as proper detection of CPU speed.

simply changing my apple password made it work for me too, thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back