Contribute
Register

Anyone else having iMessage problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
would there be another way to fix this?
I have tried: resetting password, filenvram 1.1.2, no filenvram, redo smbios and serial, etc to no avail. Im stuck at the "contact apple with customer number xxx"

This is on my wife's 4540s with i3 ivy.
i have a 4530s i3 sandy, and have no problems what so ever. my id or hers both work, but me trying to log in to iMessages on her 4540s just won't.

running chameleon, with store, iTunes, iCloud all working. FaceTime and iMessages won't.
i can make FaceTime work without filenvram, then install filenvram any version and it stays logged in, problem is, she doesn't need FaceTime, but does iMessages as she's rather heavy on messaging her family.

any new pointers would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Same here; have tried all options on and out the forum, can't log in, same machine, pro book 4540s i3 ivy, all working like a charm, juste message and FaceTime won't ! :thumbdown: :banghead:

Edit : And yes, FaceTime seems to work after deleting the filenvram.. first time that happen to me ^^ hope it will be the same for message !

It must be something to do with computer, or settings on my side. Like I've said earlier, I can log in to iMessages on my other hackintosh without a problem with two different apple ID's. I can't log in at all with any Apple ID. Always get the same error on said 4540s.
I have reinstalled mavericks all together. Same problem. Doesn't matter if i use my own patched dsdt or have one generated by pro book installer.

Im quite distant from the idea of calling apple with this issue for rather obvious reasons.

I might add that I've upgraded the screen to 1080 and replaced hdd with ssd, but i doubt that it would matter.

Im starting to think that the processor (i3-3110m) ivy bridge might be the problem? my smbios is set to MacBookPro9,2 and from what i read, this model never had i3 option and was always quad core i5?

can someone confirm that they got iMessages work on i3 ivy bridge 4540s ??? and what is your identifier set as?

It must be something to do with computer, or settings on my side. Like I've said earlier, I can log in to iMessages on my other hackintosh without a problem with two different apple ID's. I can't log in at all with any Apple ID. Always get the same error on said 4540s.
I have reinstalled mavericks all together. Same problem. Doesn't matter if i use my own patched dsdt or have one generated by pro book installer.

Im quite distant from the idea of calling apple with this issue for rather obvious reasons.

I might add that I've upgraded the screen to 1080 and replaced hdd with ssd, but i doubt that it would matter.

Im starting to think that the processor (i3-3110m) ivy bridge might be the problem? my smbios is set to MacBookPro9,2 and from what i read, this model never had i3 option and was always quad core i5?

can someone confirm that they got iMessages work on i3 ivy bridge 4540s ??? and what is your identifier set as?

Good idea,

i was juste starting to do a clean install of mavericks, so not important to reinstall it :problem:

i dont think that the replaced stuff you have done are important with the problem, and am sure that is the processor, and/or has a relation with the smbios, like you have said, MacBook Pro 9,2 had never an i3, juste i5 and i7.. am getting septic on this :|

anyway if someone who have the same model can confirme if it have successfully log in to message without problem will be a first step to solve the problem.

my 4530s i5 same problem FaceTime working with out FileNVRAM.dylib imessage not working i change card info also change FileNVRAM.dylib also change password now working all i have now file FileNVRAM.dylib.

First time post....

I am having the same problem with Probook.

Delete the filenvram file and FaceTime works, but iMessage doesn't. Tried everything with no success.

I will keep trying and support welcome.

First time post....

I am having the same problem with Probook.

Delete the filenvram file and FaceTime works, but iMessage doesn't. Tried everything with no success.

I will keep trying and support welcome.

What bootloader are you using?

Chameleon that is embedded in the Probook Installer.

Just to update....

After deleting filenvram file on my Probook 4730 FaceTime logs in and iMessage error is now "An error occurred during activation. Try again."

I am able to login to both FaceTime and iMessage in my main PC which is a Hackintosh and has the filenvram file in the extra folder.

This is definitely a challenge.....

Many thanks for your help. Tonymacx86 is brill.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back