Contribute
Register

Anyone could make their HD630 work in Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would I find this? I actually just updated to Clover 4658 from RehabMan and my HD630 Graphics went from 1500~mb of memory down to only 7mb making everything very ugly.
voila. thanks for your assistance with all this.

No ioreg attached.
The bootlog.txt shows you're not using my RehabMan Clover build.

Weird - I could have sworn I downloaded 4658 from your bitbucket and installed that.

Re-installed rehab man, here is the new problem reporting. With your build I was able to get dual monitor support working, device type for the GPU shows up as the HD630 but still only 7mb of ram and Pixelmator No longer recognizes my build as being "Metal" compatible.

Edit* dual monitors work but I'm limited to mirroring only (shows up in the menu bar as a connected projector)

Attachments

• debug_32761.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Weird - I could have sworn I downloaded 4658 from your bitbucket and installed that.

Re-installed rehab man, here is the new problem reporting. With your build I was able to get dual monitor support working, device type for the GPU shows up as the HD630 but still only 7mb of ram and Pixelmator No longer recognizes my build as being "Metal" compatible.

Edit* dual monitors work but I'm limited to mirroring only (shows up in the menu bar as a connected projector)

The ig-platform-id you're using (0x59120000) is not valid with the CFL framebuffer kext.
You must use a valid CFL ig-platform-id.

Clover provides examples. Maybe 0x3E9B0007

Some helpful information: here

Thanks! Interesting. You Inject intel without a platform-ID? Are you using whatevergreen?
And you are using 0x12345678 in FakeID/IntelGFX.
Yes I am using WhateverGreen. Basically I upgraded to Mojave from High Sierra, and other than the NVIDIA 1050ti, everything else is working just like before.

Interesting. Did you dissble the Nvidia drivers before or after (or at all) before upgrading to m Mojave?

Works fine here. I use Lilu and Whatevergreen, and have specified my port setup as detailed in [Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen to match my actual board (1 HDMI, 1 DP port). Sleep crashes on wake, but from what I understand that cannot be fixed on the 5xx and 6xx Intel graphics. -disablegfxfirmware is not used.

If you still have sleep/wake issue, take a look at this thread...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-sleep-shutdown.260947/

The solution from post #6 by itwas of deleting all the com.apple.PowerManagement.* files from Library/Preferences and then rebooting fixed my "reboot on wake" issue.

If you still have sleep/wake issue, take a look at this thread...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-sleep-shutdown.260947/

The solution from post #6 by itwas of deleting all the com.apple.PowerManagement.* files from Library/Preferences and then rebooting fixed my "reboot on wake" issue.

Hmm, interesting, I definitely have more than one of those com.apple.PowerManagement.(UUID).plist files as well. I'll have to give that a shot when I have a moment, thanks!

Update: Sadly, no change. Before and after, waking from sleep results in (50/50 chance of either) a reboot after partial wake (USB devices init, but don't see any disk activity) or just a partial wake and freeze to the point that even my case reset button will not work and I have to hold the power button to shut down. Only entry in pmset -g log regarding a wake failure is the same each time:

"Darkwake Exit Failure during wake due to 0xCD49FC3000000032:"

And that hex address doesn't seem to come up with anything on Google when I try to figure out what the heck that means. I'm thinking of picking up an RX560 just to have a native discrete GPU to test against, to make sure it's not something else I haven't configured correctly. "Normal" CPU/iGPU power management (throttling down clock, etc.) work fine, my USB ports are all specified via an SSDT (and under the 15 port limit), iGPU framebuffer is properly edited via WhateverGreen to match my actual port configuration...I'm probably just missing something silly, I'm sure, heh.

I've attached the usual debug files in the event anyone wants to take a whack at it (assuming it's not just that the 630 iGPU still isn't actually capable of wake, heh.)

Attachments

• debug_12902.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back