Contribute
Register

Anyone could make their HD630 work in Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Did you dissble the Nvidia drivers before or after (or at all) before upgrading to m Mojave?
No, I actually forced installed the High Sierra Web drivers for the NVidia, and kept the card in.

They are both working together, but the 1050ti is of course without Metal acceleration.

Nice. Are you using the nvidia for display? I am thinking of upgrading to Mojave and using igpu for the time being.

Hmm, interesting, I definitely have more than one of those com.apple.PowerManagement.(UUID).plist files as well. I'll have to give that a shot when I have a moment, thanks!

Update: Sadly, no change. Before and after, waking from sleep results in (50/50 chance of either) a reboot after partial wake (USB devices init, but don't see any disk activity) or just a partial wake and freeze to the point that even my case reset button will not work and I have to hold the power button to shut down. Only entry in pmset -g log regarding a wake failure is the same each time:

"Darkwake Exit Failure during wake due to 0xCD49FC3000000032:"

And that hex address doesn't seem to come up with anything on Google when I try to figure out what the heck that means. I'm thinking of picking up an RX560 just to have a native discrete GPU to test against, to make sure it's not something else I haven't configured correctly. "Normal" CPU/iGPU power management (throttling down clock, etc.) work fine, my USB ports are all specified via an SSDT (and under the 15 port limit), iGPU framebuffer is properly edited via WhateverGreen to match my actual port configuration...I'm probably just missing something silly, I'm sure, heh.

I've attached the usual debug files in the event anyone wants to take a whack at it (assuming it's not just that the 630 iGPU still isn't actually capable of wake, heh.)

I realize now that I likely confused the issue. I think the only reason I can sleep/wake properly is because I am really only using the Nvidia GeForce GT 710 card for graphics for my two monitors.

I think you are correct about the 630, my system can see the 630 per the system report, but I don't think I have ever gotten it to wake properly with a monitor plugged into it.

I realize now that I likely confused the issue. I think the only reason I can sleep/wake properly is because I am really only using the Nvidia GeForce GT 710 card for graphics for my two monitors.

I think you are correct about the 630, my system can see the 630 per the system report, but I don't think I have ever gotten it to wake properly with a monitor plugged into it.

It's done some good anyway -- in reviewing my debug files I've realized that I missed doing the EC0->EC rename and properly injecting USB power properties for AppleBusPowerController.kext to read. Not that it likely affects my sleep issue, but it was something that was not correct, heh.

mendozal, I have problems with this igpu, but i have image.

Works fine here. I use Lilu and Whatevergreen, and have specified my port setup as detailed in [Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen to match my actual board (1 HDMI, 1 DP port). Sleep crashes on wake, but from what I understand that cannot be fixed on the 5xx and 6xx Intel graphics. -disablegfxfirmware is not used.

I'm doing same work with my hd 630. Trying to migrate to mojave. Maybe somebody can advice me something. Done as described in guide that you quoted. But I can't stabilize image. There are too many glitches... My hardware is described in signature. Trying it with iMac 18.2. I would be very appreciated for any help or advice.

Last edited:
Works fine here. I use Lilu and Whatevergreen, and have specified my port setup as detailed in [Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen to match my actual board (1 HDMI, 1 DP port). Sleep crashes on wake, but from what I understand that cannot be fixed on the 5xx and 6xx Intel graphics. -disablegfxfirmware is not used.

Can you use dual monitor when booting? I tried your configuration, which can work perfectly if I connect my secondary monitor after login to Mojave. However if I boot with 2 monitors connected, it would show glitches.

Sleep crashes on wake, but from what I understand that cannot be fixed on the 5xx and 6xx Intel graphics

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but where did you see that 5xx and 6xx Intel graphics crash on wake? I just built a machine using 630, and it indeed crashes on wake, but doing a search here didn't seem to dig up any relevant info.

Hi to all! I have an Asrock Z270 extreme 4 with i3 7100/HD630. So I tried many, many option and get it to work 99%.
Except this purple on boot. you can see video. after change display resolution everything are work fine.

Is some one who can help to fix this problem.
So I use WhateverGreen, Lilu. SMBIOS 18.1 and inject intel, ig-platform-id using (0x59120000).
only on this whay working. if I use 18.2 again display got purple but fliking. on 18.3 are not work / reboot.
Display work only on HDMI and audio work too. DVI not working. Mainboard not have Display port.

any Ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back