Contribute
Register

Anybody with the "Essentials.pkg" Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try it again tomorrow as the only boot flag. I was using maxmem as well so maybe they are conflicting.

Any other ideas for this?

Hey, this worked for me got me through the installation, but when the login screen comes up, my keyboard and mouse are no longer functional.. Do you know anything I could do to fix this? Thanks

My specs:

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 x GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

i3-4340 CPU 360 GHz

So I was able to finish the install with -x -no-zp. On the restart the same -x -no-zp took me to a blank screen but then I tried -x maxmem=4096, that worked & was able to run multibeast to get everything running. Typing this from my now from the same machine.

So I was able to finish the install with -x -no-zp. On the restart the same -x -no-zp took me to a blank screen but then I tried -x maxmem=4096, that worked & was able to run multibeast to get everything running. Typing this from my now from the same machine.

I tried this with no success at all. Is not problem of MBR or GUID because i tried both with the same result.

Hey, this worked for me got me through the installation, but when the login screen comes up, my keyboard and mouse are no longer functional.. Do you know anything I could do to fix this? Thanks

My specs:

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 x GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

i3-4340 CPU 360 GHz

Perhaps you need the "legacy usb support" in the installer.

Last edited:
Was having the same problem. Mine only worked after using maxmem=4096 -v -f -x.

I just wanted to chime in and say that this isn't a hackintosh problem, but a Yosemite problem, since i got the same error on my '09 macbook pro when trying to upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite... doing a fresh install solved my problems. Make a time machine backup first though. ;)

Only using the flag -no-zp doesn't do it for me, I'm trying a couple different combos as I go along as well.
I'm going to try re-making the USB Installer soon, if i can manage to reboot into my Mavericks install
Haven't tried the maxmem flag yet as i haven't gotten a KP so far.
EDIT: maxmem actually caused a kernel panic, so there's that.
I should add that I'm trying to install onto my DIY Fusion Drive, if that makes a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back