Contribute
Register

Anybody with the "Essentials.pkg" Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxmem flag, without -x or - preffix just "maxmem=8192" without quotes, fixed it for me.
I have Z97 Broadwell 5675C and 4x8 GB ram.

If you have new Nvidia Card (750Ti/9xx) you dont need to inject Nvidia (but you could i doesnt matter) in Unibeast and you need add flag nv_disable=1 to boot into installer otherwise computer would be restarter during installation boot.

I thing that primary problem which people have is they dont know, how to use the flags properly.

You can check if is flag working in system information before installation.

Last edited:
what i did to solve this on my laptop was to use maxmem=4096 while i had installed 2x8gb ram sticks ;)
and i didnt want to open the laptop and replace ram with the 4gb stock :( that helped me ,hope it will help others! :)

i guess, the problem is with the RAMs too... since i am using a custom pc to setup el capitan, i opened the case and removed one of the 8gb ram... so with only 1x8gb ram, it did not give any error and installed el capitan smoothly... after that i replaced the 8gb ram back into the case... now it's working great with 16gb ram without any problem...

i have tried maxmem thing before unplugging the ram, but it did not work for me... so i removed the ram
if maxmem isn't working for you, try to remove one of the rams too

Mine First Gone To 14 and then returned to 15 and then again returned to 14 and tucked and there after sometime i get this error essentials.pkg""error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back