Contribute
Register

Any word on compatibility with troubled XFX HD 5770 Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading tons of thread in tonymacx86, insanelymac, osx86 and googling, I'm would like to share my result to all HD-577X users (mine is HD-577X-ZNFC Ver C.3)

There are many successful case for HD-577A users with Gigabyte ROM or the original 090926 ROM or even the "Batman" ROM which I couldn't find on the internet.

I tried with the orignal 090926 ROM and now I can boot into the Lion Installation with UniBeast successfully directly.

links: (I know there many references to this rom but it's really no harm to post it again)
the 090926 HD-577A ROM
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/5831 ... 90926.html

Since I don't have a CD/DVD-ROM reader, I used a USB drive with FreeDOS to flash
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

ATIFlash.exe (I just chose the latest version, you may see this/other thread mentioned another version to flash)
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/20 ... -3.95.html

remember to use "-f" with atiflash.exe, backup first and happy flashing

Re: xfx5770

anyone tried to install with mountainlion. I am going to try a fresh install later with it. I havent flashed my card yet so i am wonder if anyone has tried it and it has worked or not. If not can someone carefully guide me in flashing my 5770 cause I dont want to end up bricking it. Thanks.

I been trying all weekend to get my XFX 577a-ZNFR to work in ML but its not working. I am able to install ML using GraphicsEnabler=No -v and get to the installer. Then after install, boot again with GraphicsEnabler=No -v and run Multibeast. I saved my old kexts from 10.6.8, however, when I log in, the video is all over the place! The weird thing is that I'm able to load into safemode and the card is being recognized properly. Any info on fixes would be greatly appreciated!

Update!

So after doing some researching and reading...I was able to successfully flash my XFX 577A with the procedure recommended above. I was able to load Mountain Lion OOB with no issues. I currently have a fully working ML 10.8. However, there are things that are not working right, for instance, I can't get the App Store, iMessage, or iCloud to log me in. I keep getting an "unknown error". So I'm going back to Snow Leopard for now and will make the transition to ML once some of these early bugs are fixed!

So i tried using the ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext & ATISupport.kext installing them through kextbeast. I am actually able to boot without any bootloaders, no -x or graphicsenabler=no or =yes needed. However i get this now.... Adding either graphicsenabler=no or graphicsenabler=yes fixed the problem. Anyone else have any leads before I give this another crack.

Attachments

• WP_000230.jpg
    WP_000230.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 152
  • WP_000231.jpg
    WP_000231.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 182
That's what my card was doing when I installed ATI5000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext & ATISupport.kex in ML. The only way I could get anything configured after was in -x safe mode. My solution was to flash my XFX 577A to the orignal 090926 ROM as EwdXD mentioned previously, worked like charm. I used this link as a guide and to create a bootable USB: http://www.techpowerup.com/printarticle.php?id=34.

The important thing to remember is to backup your current bios by using GPU-Z in a Windows box. Also, I used ATIflash ver. 3.75. For whatever reason, the newest version kept giving some error. Its pretty simple install and takes seconds. The great thing is that both windows and now ML recognize my HD5770 OOB.

Once you get your card flashed, re-install ML and this should fix your Video Card problems...

Flashing was my last case scenario and it worked perfectly. Just wish I had done it earlier. So I haven't checked to see exactly what works but I know sleep doesn't. Do you have a solution yet. I'd rather check before I start making random attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back