Contribute
Register

Any word on compatibility with troubled XFX HD 5770 Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P67A-UD3-B3
CPU
i5 2500K (OC @ 4.5GHz)
Graphics
MSI GTX 660 TI P/E
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
10.6.8 broke compatibility with XFX HD 5770 ZNFC cards. Any word whether this is holding true in Lion as well (I can only imagine I will have to be buying a new graphics card :( )

Dr_Oh said:
10.6.8 broke compatibility with XFX HD 5770 ZNFC cards. Any word whether this is holding true in Lion as well (I can only imagine I will have to be buying a new graphics card :( )

:') That could be why I couldn't upgrade to OS 10.6.8 then... Damn :banghead:

Hmm... if it was a toss up between Lion and spending another £100 on a graphics card or keeping Snow Leopard... Think I'd stay with Leopard at least until Christmas

How can one tell if they have a "ZNFC" XFX 5770 card.

I know i have a dual slot xfx 5770.. I've been hesitant to attempt 10.6.8, but really itching to get a Trackpad, and use Lion

Yea it is :|

Think I am going to try cloning my drive, go to 10.6.8 cross fingers

clone again if okay, then go to Lion.

** Edit

I guess one, should ask what do you mean broke compatibility? all together won't boot? or say Triple Monitor support?
I just use the HDMI and DVI ports myself.

I have had my XFX ZNFC 5770 card working with Lion with no problems. Although I did end up flashing it with the Apple branded efi rom. You might not need to do that though, as long as you're using the latest Chimera/Multibeast.

:( what about 10.6.8? That sounds exactly like the problem I had when installing the screen would simply go off :-/ I use DVI

Just bought lion and installed it on my MBA Apple says 250 new features... After looking at it not sure it's worth £20.99 anyway

I'll probably stay on Snow Leopard until Christmas might upgrade around then, but only built my Hackintosh in April don't really fancy spending £100 on a new graphics card just yet

Thanks for the help though

Dr_Oh said:

100% oob :D only chimera 1.4.1 and 64 bit apple boot ,don't need ati drivers :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-05 at 6.04.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-05 at 6.04.49 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 363
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back