Contribute
Register

Any successful upgrade on a Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook Pro
CPU
i5 2.4Ghz
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI build with an i5 and a Broadcom WiFi chip I installed on the board.

I've tried Unibeast + Multibeast like I did before but unfortunately I'm stuck booting in safe mode with very sluggish interface animations. If I try to boot normally it simply never boots and stays on an everlasting boot screen.

Now I'm trying another clean install just to see if I've done something wrong the first time.

Any winners here?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Hi,

I haven't gotten a full success yet. I've been able to install and boot from usb. After I ran MB and rebooted, any attempt to boot into Yosemite would get me a loading screen and then a black screen which seems to be hanging (to be fair, I only gave it 5 minutes before forcing a shutdown).

I think perhaps something wrong with my MB config? I've uploaded it. I've seen chatter about kext-dev-mode (something like that); what is it? Is it needed?

Only had one chance this morning before work so posting here for any suggestions to try after work.

Attachments

• 10.10.0-1.mb
    5.1 KB · Views: 174
You can check this thread and try some things I mentioned in it.

Reset bios default. Only use 1 stick of ram. Try different mtibeast config to see if a particular option is troublesome.

Daniel

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multibeas...rozen-restart-apple-load-page.html#post887562

Hi,

I haven't gotten a full success yet. I've been able to install and boot from usb. After I ran MB and rebooted, any attempt to boot into Yosemite would get me a loading screen and then a black screen which seems to be hanging (to be fair, I only gave it 5 minutes before forcing a shutdown).

I think perhaps something wrong with my MB config? I've uploaded it. I've seen chatter about kext-dev-mode (something like that); what is it? Is it needed?

Only had one chance this morning before work so posting here for any suggestions to try after work.

so far, I've been able to get everything to install (and I'm currently on the F6 BIOS) by:

using -no-zp flag to get installer to work
after install using -x
then, everything is fine.

however, installing any kexts (via multibeast) means when I reboot, the progress bar moves veerrrryyy slowly and eventually becomes stuck on the boot screen.

just going back to 10.9.5 for now

Can you try "Customize -> Boot Options -> Kext Dev Mode" in Multicast 7.0?

ahhh. good idea. will try when I get home. Thanks

Partial success here as well.

I was only able to install by disabling USB 3 completely on my motherboard (XHCI, USB 3 Support, the two handoff options)
and forcing low memory with maxmem=4096

I don't need the maxmem argument when booting post-install, but I am only able to get mine to boot by disabling the boot cache when booting.

If I enable USB3, even after installing the USB 3 driver, or boot without ignoring the cache, I'm in frozen gray bar town. It's enough to start tinkering, at least.

Can you try "Customize -> Boot Options -> Kext Dev Mode" in Multicast 7.0?

What is this? I've seen many mentions on threads, but no description of what it is.

Happy to report I have successfully installed yosimite on my z87n-wifi. All is working. Reboot,sleep,shutdown- booting without USB, off an evo 840 ssd.

I first was stuck at the apple logo with loading bar not moving. First, I upgraded my bios from f4 to f6. ...so reset your bios first seems to have made a difference here. I did not disable usb3, but set it to enabled. Turned off virtualization as well. Set bios to boot off USB installer, and install completed after 12 minutes. (Fresh install via disk utility)

After install, rebooted off USB loader and logged in with fresh account- ran multibeast, then selected "easybeast" option- it provided everything needed to get the system to boot on its own. After completed, I rebooted and ran multibeast again to add the Intel Ethernet driver and trim support for the ssd. All works. Updated iTunes, then logged in successfully with my account to the app store.

As for the audio, I have an external USB audio box, .. The focursite 2i4. It works natively in both mavericks and yosimite. No audio drivers needed. So I also have full sound. I disabled internal audio on the motherboard since it is not needed.

There is a strange resolution change while the system is booting as it switches from a lower resolution to the higher resolution of my monitor, and the loading bar appears momentarily on a black background before the login screen appears. I just wish the boot screen loading was more clean.... But the system boots seemingly fast... About 8 seconds

Edit:
Can someone try the dsdt free option in multibeast instead of easybeast options and report back? Easybeast worked as I said above, but it is intended for older CPU's.

Hi,

Wake up from sleep gives me a black screen, do you have any problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back