Contribute
Register

Any success with p67a-ud3-b3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran 10.8.3 on F9 no problem... I don't know the specifics of your install so your mileage may vary. Are you using a DSDT for the F4 bios? I imagine all you'd need to do to get it working in the event F9 broke it would be to have a unibeast flash drive for 10.8.x on standby so you could boot your current 10.8.3 install from that and install the F9 DSDT from MultiBeast and re input any edits you had.

If this is your only machine and you can't afford to have it go down for a day while you troubleshoot, it is always best to wait to install any update that could disrupt your work on any computer, hack or otherwise. As With anything related to Hackintoshing, no one can really say for sure what experience you're going to have, but, that said, this has been the easiest board I've ever gotten OS X installed on and it has always been very forgiving and easy to troubleshoot (knock on wood), and the 10.9 install was the easiest I've done yet, you should be ok.

finally able to install 10.9.0.

had to install it on F9 bios, but could not do it as an update. had to be a pure vanilla install.

was able to transfer my data over via time machine (data+applications) from my backup.

thanks sevoneone for all your help. followed your instructions to a T.

finally able to install 10.9.0.

had to install it on F9 bios, but could not do it as an update. had to be a pure vanilla install.

was able to transfer my data over via time machine (data+applications) from my backup.

thanks sevoneone for all your help. followed your instructions to a T.

Same here. I tried a couple of times to simply update my 10.8.4 install. I even ran Multibeast from another drive to see if that would fixed it. Gave up and performed a clean install. I also used my time machine backup to restore.

Only problem is my 5770 is showing up as an ATI Radeon HD 5000
Also, FCPX is not working.

Same here. I tried a couple of times to simply update my 10.8.4 install. I even ran Multibeast from another drive to see if that would fixed it. Gave up and performed a clean install. I also used my time machine backup to restore.

Only problem is my 5770 is showing up as an ATI Radeon HD 5000
Also, FCPX is not working.

I'm glad that the install worked out for you guys. Bummer you couldn't do an inplace upgrade, but time machine really helps in those cases.

FCPX is running for me, though a little buggy and I have not yet upgraded to 10.1, so there might be something in the update. My guess is that your trouble likely has to do with your GPU not being identified correctly. I'm an Nvidia person so I don't know a whole lot about the AMD/ATI cards and getting them to work. You should check the boards and see if anyone else with a 5770 is having trouble with FCP.

I'm glad that the install worked out for you guys. Bummer you couldn't do an inplace upgrade, but time machine really helps in those cases.

FCPX is running for me, though a little buggy and I have not yet upgraded to 10.1, so there might be something in the update. My guess is that your trouble likely has to do with your GPU not being identified correctly. I'm an Nvidia person so I don't know a whole lot about the AMD/ATI cards and getting them to work. You should check the boards and see if anyone else with a 5770 is having trouble with FCP.

I thought it might have been a GPU issue but it turns out my TM restore screwed up a bunch of permissions.
This thread helped: https://discussions.apple.com/message/23608634#23608634
It was affecting Motion, FCPX and iCloud. Anyhow all is good now. I'll have to look into the GPU thing but everything seems to be running well now.

Thanks

10.9.2 updated via app store. No issues so far. GPU still shows up as HD5000 in about this Mac.
I'm not sure it matters. For what it's worth Geekbench can tell it's a 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back