Contribute
Register

Any Noise and Airflow advise? (with photo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook Pro 13" Mid 2009
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Build too loud. Fan control?

Dear Community!

I finished my first build today:

Case: White Fractal R4
MB: Gigabite-Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
Cooler: Noctua D-14
SSD: 256 GB Samsung 840 pro
GPU: GeForce GTX 650 Missing
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX 650W
RAM:16gb G.Skill Ares (low profile because of the D-14) 2x8gb 1333Mhz 1.5V
W-lan:TP-Link TL-WDN480

Like you see, my GPU is still missing. I will install it next week it will be an GTX 650.

IMG_7157.jpg

The setup:
- Two front fans and the back top fan are connected to the fractal fan control switch in the front (12V, 7V and 5V).
- bottom ground fan is just hooked on the MB.

My question:
The fans are loud, I was hoping to get this build that is really silent but you can really hear this fans working. How could I possibly get this build as silent as possible?

I have 4 Silent Series R2 - 140mm which came with the case already installed like you see on the pic above.
IMG_0680.jpg

Thank you,
Kim

Are the fans still loud even on the 5v setting or just on the higher ones?

Hi trs96!

Somehow I have not noticed your reply! Thank you for asking!

You have triggered me to have another look in the Noctua box and found two U.L.N.A. Ultra low noise adapters!
Installed them and it runs quieter! Temp now is 25Celsius. Somehow Ihave not noticed those cables...

I also have turned of the Cooler at the bottom of the case (I don't have a GPU yet). It's really silent now!

So the 5,7,12V switch works just for the Case coolers.

But when I will get an GPU who will the fan speed being regulated then? What is your set up regarding the cooling trs96?

Thank you!

Hi trs96!

Somehow I have not noticed your reply! Thank you for asking!

You have triggered me to have another look in the Noctua box and found two U.L.N.A. Ultra low noise adapters!
Installed them and it runs quieter! Temp now is 25Celsius. Somehow Ihave not noticed those cables...

I also have turned of the Cooler at the bottom of the case (I don't have a GPU yet). It's really silent now!

So the 5,7,12V switch works just for the Case coolers.

But when I will get an GPU who will the fan speed being regulated then? What is your set up regarding the cooling trs96?

Thank you!

Your gpu fan will not be controlled by the motherboard, it has its own fan profile as part of its bios.

Ive had a couple of Fractal cases here, and while they are quite good overall I never found the fans particularly quiet or of great quality. Run it for 15 minutes without them connected and you will see what I mean.

Noctua on the other hand have always worked really well for me and been very quiet.

Also, check your fan speed control in the bios. You will usually find a 'Quiet' or 'Silent' setting in there. Mine drops the cpu fan to less than 500 rpm with the cpu around 28-32 celsius at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back