Contribute
Register

Any luck with Mavericks on x79 systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm not sure either and I tried looking it up too.

Naturally I have to try rebooting the system without it to see if I can do without it. However, I've been enjoying the OS X Maverics 10.9 goodness and wanted to take a break from trying to get things working.

no worries, mate. just wondering. I'm sticking to 10.8.5 for the time being.

I'm running Sabertooth X79 , 3930, GTX670

Mavericks is working fine, used -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No to boot with Unibeast, then DST free, graphics+audio+network kexts

The only other was to put npci=0x2000 kernel flag in the chameleon boot plist

Everything working fine except USB3, which I can live with at the moment, my Geekbench (3x64) went up by 500 (21435-21931)

Can you List out your Multibeaset 6.0 selections for Sabertooth X79 thanks. I'm sure it would everyone else here.

YESSSSSSSS, thanks god, first try and system is running smoothly :)

What I did:

1. Backup org.chameleon.boot.plist from 10.8
2. Download Unibeast and made USB bootable 10.9.
3. Boot with following flags: -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No (Note: don't try to boot in USB 3.0 port, always use USB 2.0, at least for USB 3.0 was not working for me)
4. Install Mavericks.
5. Dont unplug USB stick, restart, choose your USB to boot and on the chameleon screen choose your fresh installed Mavericks, use the flags shown above.
6. Download Multibeast, install components as shown in this thread before.
7. Edit your org.chameleon.boot.plist like in 10.8
8. Restart and have fun :)

YESSSSSSSS, thanks god, first try and system is running smoothly :)

What I did:

1. Backup org.chameleon.boot.plist from 10.8
2. Download Unibeast and made USB bootable 10.9.
3. Boot with following flags: -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No (Note: don't try to boot in USB 3.0 port, always use USB 2.0, at least for USB 3.0 was not working for me)
4. Install Mavericks.
5. Dont unplug USB stick, restart, choose your USB to boot and on the chameleon screen choose your fresh installed Mavericks, use the flags shown above.
6. Download Multibeast, install components as shown in this thread before.
7. Edit your org.chameleon.boot.plist like in 10.8
8. Restart and have fun :)

That sounds about right but GraphicsEnabler=No is a default setting so I don't think you actually need to use it unless you need to switch it to "yes" (depending on your graphics card)

Also, for some reason, I needed to use the AppleACPIPlatform Rollback to 10.8.1 option in MultiBest after OS X 10.9 update to boot properly.

To do the OS X 10.9.1 update I would probably just clone my SSD to a different SSD then do the update just to be safe. Then rinse and repeat,....

To do the OS X 10.9.1 update I would probably just clone my SSD to a different SSD then do the update just to be safe. Then rinse and repeat,....

Thanks!
I didn´t use AppleACPIPlatform Rollback to 10.8.1 works fine without. I already updated to 10.9.1 without any troubles.

@Misthaufen - thanks for sharing the flags that you used.

I was able to get mine upgraded smooth this time. I think the new version of MB is also great. Sound worked fine right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back