Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've read some guys having success, but I'm not convinced enough to go ahead an upgrade.
I'd like to just update my OS without fresh installing, since I've kept my current 10.8.5 very clean I shouldn't have too many problems. It will take me 48 hours to reinstall everything in my system.

Thanks!

I brought out an extra hard drive and partitioned twice. CCC'd my os and the other i left blank. I first did a clean install on the blank partition without a hitch and then when i was satisfied with that I updated the copy of 10.8.4 to mavericks and i had no problems with it as well. running asus rampage IV gene 3930k with gtx 670

Good to know farcry84. Can you dispense your multibeast settings please? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 8.42.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 8.45.06 AM.png

I've got the same motherboard, but using a 3930k processor aswell.

I've successfully installed Mavericks, but when trying to boot into the new OS I just CANNOT reach it. The computer just restarts itself over and over again. Not even reaching the apple loading logo with the spinning wheel. What should I do? I've tried all kinds of bootflags and combinations suchs as -v npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000 -x and all other kinds of commands, I've tried literally 30-40 combinations, I kept trying over and over again yesterday. No luck at all. Please, ANY help is greatly appreciated!! I can't get my computer to work after the update at all :/ I'm using Chameleon as bootloader (I think) and u n i b e a s t though.

OK. Do you even think that mavericks WORKS on x79 at all? I'm starting to doubt after this :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back