Contribute
Register

Any luck with Mavericks on x79 systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jontah: i had to turn off virtualization and hyperthreading / cpu settings in bios. After that you should be able to boot with -v npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Try! Works on my RIVE.

I was running OS X 10.8.3 on a Core i7 3930K CPU with Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard and GTX 670 video card. The OS was installed on a Corsair 120GB SSD. I used Time Machine and Unibeast to backup and restore the OS X 10.8.3 install to an OCZ 360GB SSD. Then I installed / upgraded to OS X 10.9 Mavericks on the 360GB SSD.

So I haven't compromised my stable OS X 10.8.3 install / config and the SSD swapping was expedited by a dual 2.5" hot-swap bay.

The problem I am having is that after going through the MultiBeast configuration (with coincidentally similar settings to that of farcry84's posted settings if not exactly the same save for the audio settings) it still won't boot properly.

I can get back into the OS X 10.9 install with the following flags:

-X
-V
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCIRootUI=1
npci=0x3000

GraphicsEnabler=No is already in the org.chameleon.plist file though so I am guessing its not a necessary flag to add when trying to boot. So I can only get the OS to boot in safe mode which I am guessing "-X" does. I'm not very well versed in this sort of thing either so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps I should add PCIRootUI=1 and npci=0x3000 to the org.chameleon.plist file and then try to work out why it can't boot into anything but safe mode,.....?

I've got the same motherboard, but using a 3930k processor aswell.

I've successfully installed Mavericks, but when trying to boot into the new OS I just CANNOT reach it. The computer just restarts itself over and over again. Not even reaching the apple loading logo with the spinning wheel.What should I do?I've tried all kinds of bootflags and combinations suchs as -v npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000 -x and all other kinds of commands, I've tried literally 30-40 combinations, I kept trying over and over again yesterday. No luck at all.Please, ANY help is greatly appreciated!! I can't get my computer to work after the update at all :/I'm using Chameleon as bootloader (I think) and u n i b e a s t though.

Did you already done this steps?
1. Turn on the computer
2. Press the hotkey to choose boot device

• If you have a Gigabyte motherboard press F12
  • If you have a ASUS motherboard, press F8

3. Choose unibeast USB
4. At the Chimera Boot Screen, choose your new Mavericks installation.

5. Complete Mac OS X Mavericks setup
6. Open and run
Multibeast

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jontah,

I have a Sabretooth X79 and 3930k and did an upgrade (not clean install) from 10.8.4

I can boot to the OS after install using these flags

cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000

After running MB6, i cant boot to the OS even using -x along with the flags above.

I restored my Os to 10.8.4 using Carbon Copy Cloner then updated to 10.8.5. I have not checked if there is a new bios update but will do this weekend. hope it help. Post updates if you are able to break the code! Goodluck!

I'm running Sabertooth X79 , 3930, GTX670

Mavericks is working fine, used -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No to boot with Unibeast, then DST free, graphics+audio+network kexts

The only other was to put npci=0x2000 kernel flag in the chameleon boot plist

Everything working fine except USB3, which I can live with at the moment, my Geekbench (3x64) went up by 500 (21435-21931)

I'm running Sabertooth X79 , 3930, GTX670

Mavericks is working fine, used -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No to boot with Unibeast, then DST free, graphics+audio+network kexts

The only other was to put npci=0x2000 kernel flag in the chameleon boot plist

Everything working fine except USB3, which I can live with at the moment, my Geekbench (3x64) went up by 500 (21435-21931)

What's the version of the BIOS of your board?

I was running OS X 10.8.3 on a Core i7 3930K CPU with Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard and GTX 670 video card. The OS was installed on a Corsair 120GB SSD. I used Time Machine and Unibeast to backup and restore the OS X 10.8.3 install to an OCZ 360GB SSD. Then I installed / upgraded to OS X 10.9 Mavericks on the 360GB SSD.

So I haven't compromised my stable OS X 10.8.3 install / config and the SSD swapping was expedited by a dual 2.5" hot-swap bay.

The problem I am having is that after going through the MultiBeast configuration (with coincidentally similar settings to that of farcry84's posted settings if not exactly the same save for the audio settings) it still won't boot properly.

I can get back into the OS X 10.9 install with the following flags:

-X
-V
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCIRootUI=1
npci=0x3000

GraphicsEnabler=No is already in the org.chameleon.plist file though so I am guessing its not a necessary flag to add when trying to boot. So I can only get the OS to boot in safe mode which I am guessing "-X" does. I'm not very well versed in this sort of thing either so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps I should add PCIRootUI=1 and npci=0x3000 to the org.chameleon.plist file and then try to work out why it can't boot into anything but safe mode,.....?

Just as a followup I'll add that I managed to solve my boot problem by using the AppleACPIPlatform Rollback to 10.8.1 option in MultiBest.

Now I can boot into OS X Mavericks with:

-v
-f
npci=0x2000

Everything seems to work well too. Audio, network, even the USB 3.0 ports which I was never able to get working properly in OS X 10.8.x.

Just as a followup I'll add that I managed to solve my boot problem by using the AppleACPIPlatform Rollback to 10.8.1 option in MultiBest.

Now I can boot into OS X Mavericks with:

-v
-f
npci=0x2000

Everything seems to work well too. Audio, network, even the USB 3.0 ports which I was never able to get working properly in OS X 10.8.x.

what does -f do? I checked http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104536-troubleshooting-issuing-boot-flags.html for reference but no info. just want to know. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back