Contribute
Register

Any luck with Intel i350 Ethernet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to update about the issue

So i reinstalled the ElCapitan, this time i did not run mutibeast and just restarted the computer after the first setup boot..... iit gave the same result..... black screen and sometimes kernel panic with error related to macbookpro 8.3 not working.

I tried using your dsdt file, use your bootflags...etc.... suddenly it booted into desktop, which is abit random. ( using the usb clover). Clover picked Macpro for the Smbios. Also i have voodooTSCSync kext in Clover.

I ran multibeast, did not install any kext except voodooTSCSync kext. Set smbios as Macpro 5,1 . Then config the Clover boot flags and get smbios info filled with board serial, smUUID

Restarted, booted from HD and im back to the black screen. I switched back to the USB clover and got the same result. Before the black screen was a line about graphics card VM with something about nvram at the end.

I played with the smbios profile abit, with MacPro 6,1 ... 5/10 times i got to login screen but stuck there. No mouse or keyboard input. Had to do a hard reset.

Any ideas?

Hey Mike,

First of all, thank you for the DSDT, it is working perfectly and now I have network cards working.

I am in the middle of a project too, so I didn't had time yet to really push this board through, I was running a Z9PE before this board, but that ASUS board is a real problem, bad bios, unstable USB ports (at boot, not even talking OS here). But, when I was running the Z9PE I was able to get PM working under MacPro 5,1, MacPro 6,1 and such.

I would tend to stick with the MacPro 5,1 since I have dual GPUs (Nvidia 780 + Titan) and I believe that SMBIOS is more "open" to different GPUs. I will see how it goes with that... otherwise I was planning to switch either iMac 12,2 or MacPro 6,1. Thing is those two are sometimes problematic with the GPUs (specially regarding AGPM.kext, to get PM working on the GPU).

Regarding the MacPro 6,1 config, as far as I recall you can patch the AppleGraphicsControl.kext to avoid black screen and that problem is gone.

I will be able to conduct more tests today and I will let you know how it went, I will try to run mavericks clean and fully supported first, once that it's done I will give "El Capitan" a try and see how it goes (I really want to test the Metal API support).
Any success with Metal? Does Metal work on Hackintoshes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back