Contribute
Register

Any luck with Intel i350 Ethernet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You´re welcome.

Yeah I know the AppleGraphicsControl Patch but I always try to stay as vanilla as possible. From what I know, the Mac5,1 SMBIOS just have only two C-States so there have to be some patching as well. So you can either choose bad or bad, you have to patch anyway. (I never tried imac 12,2 though)

Keep me posted how it goes.
And don´t expect the integrated USB3.0 Renesas to work under El Capitan. The USB2.0 will work because it is patched as well in the DSDT.

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

I know about the C-States that suck... and ideally I would love to stay as vanilla as possible too, but both you and I know that with last OS X iterations apple has made that way harder for us (intentionally or not) and specially for DP users.

Regarding USB3 on El Capitan I am aware of that, I've done some extensive research on it and I found multiple posts from Rehab and such saying really clearly that for not it is a no go with the whole USB remap, and that it is not trivial to fix it.

I'm kind of divided between sticking with Yosemite, or go El Capitan due to new tech/apis and the 10 bits color support (at long last).

I've had a quick look at your config.plist from Clover, and I have two questions :

- Any particular reason why you detailed you memory setup in it ?
- I know how to generate a UUID, but regarding serial numbers (board, etc.) where did you get those ? From a real mac ? I have extracted a full IOReg and such from a real MacPro 6,1 could I find those there ?

Mike,

I know about the C-States that suck... and ideally I would love to stay as vanilla as possible too, but both you and I know that with last OS X iterations apple has made that way harder for us (intentionally or not) and specially for DP users.

Regarding USB3 on El Capitan I am aware of that, I've done some extensive research on it and I found multiple posts from Rehab and such saying really clearly that for not it is a no go with the whole USB remap, and that it is not trivial to fix it.

I'm kind of divided between sticking with Yosemite, or go El Capitan due to new tech/apis and the 10 bits color support (at long last).

I've had a quick look at your config.plist from Clover, and I have two questions :

- Any particular reason why you detailed you memory setup in it ?

Clover does not detect memory slots above 8 properly. This is only an issue with El Capitan, due the fact that the proper amount of memory in El capitan is somehow derived from the smbios in opposite to yosemite. Try with "trust" Setting first and if your memory is wrong, add your detailed slot infos there.

- I know how to generate a UUID, but regarding serial numbers (board, etc.) where did you get those ? From a real mac ? I have extracted a full IOReg and such from a real MacPro 6,1 could I find those there ?

Never EVER use Serial or UUID from a real mac. This can cause unpredictable issues with Imessage and other cloud stuff.

Generate a new SMBIOS and all other stuff from Clover Configurator. Open a Terminal and use the command uuidgen to generate a UUID. Use this uuid.

So for the SmUUID, use the uuidgen Terminal Command. For the Board Serial Number, I always Use the Serial Number which is generated by Clover, and add it up to 17 Digits (current macs have a 17 Digit Board Serial Number). I only use HEX Numbers (0-9,A-F) and mix them.

Take a look at this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-9 how the Board Serial is composed to generate meaningful values - but how I said, try first to use the first part of the generated Serial Number and fill it with random hex numbers up to 17 digits. Then try to use Imessage/icloud. If it works it works.

Regards,

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thank you for your links, I had some time yesterday during the evening to tinker the rig a little bit, here are my findings:

- I'm having trouble making a proper SSDT for my rig (I'm using a pair of E5-2650 Sandy Bridge), the problem is not the OS per see but I believe it's the ssdtprgen script, it has never worked properly with my processors and always had to manually edit stuff in it. I don't know if it's the new version of the script or what but now there are four scopes instead of two, and the generated SSDTs either don't work (no effect and a lot of failed message in the verbose boot) or they produce a KP.

- Are you using a patched bios with the MSRx02 unlocked ? Or did you used the Asus patch in clover to get PM/SS running ?

- I tried to install "El Capitan" on another drive, but even when using your DSDT I'm getting the scrambled screen and the stop sign (see screenshot attached), so I'm a little bit lost there since the GPU seems to be properly recognized. I tried booting with nv_disable=1 but it seemed to have no effect (FakeSMC was still initiating Nvidia sensors and such).

Thank you for any insight you might have.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 124
Hey Mike,

Got El Capitan installed and running... only thing to fix no is the PM...

Little question, is your LAN patch a little bit unstable ? Sometimes at boot the card is detected but link seems down, on other occasions it works just fine (this happens under El Capitan and Yosemite). Under Mavericks it works fine all the time.

Hey Mike,

Got El Capitan installed and running... only thing to fix no is the PM...

Little question, is your LAN patch a little bit unstable ? Sometimes at boot the card is detected but link seems down, on other occasions it works just fine (this happens under El Capitan and Yosemite). Under Mavericks it works fine all the time.

This is I guess a system thing, had the same experience with yosemite and el capitan, as well as with the dsdt patch and the edited i210 vanilla kext. Sometimes it simply does not get an ip and gets online.
I the reboot as long as possible, and most of the time it is stable now. There is some bios instability i assume, same with gfx. Sometime NVIDIA gets lagging when opening safari, lots of:
NVDA(Graphics): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x8 DMA Engine Error (FIFO Error 8)
Channel Info: [0, 0x5, 0x4, 0x3]
Version Info: [com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb, 10.0.7, 0x5e5f4c655b, 20110261, 346.03.03f02, 1]

Then I uninstall the webdriver or reinstall, depends if the errors start with or without the driver installed.

This is plaguing me since yosemite as well as the 16 Core Limit.

Hey,

I've been experiencing with a lot of things and here are my findings :

- SMBIOS 6,1 is the most problematic one under El Capitan, LAN never gets up, USB 2.0 doesn't get properly recognized, and so on.
- SMBIOS 5,1 is the best and more stable one until now, LAN is on almost all the time, USB 2.0 is perfectly working.
- Problem was PM, which I got solved but modifying the X86pluginPlatform kext and using an injector, now I can have PM under the MacPro 5,1 definition.
- GPU PM was also solved through an injector, I tried to stay as vanilla as possible in El Capitan, since it's not recommended to use rootless and kext-dev commands.

Only thing I have left to fix now is the onboard audio, which is giving me some trouble due to the lack of HDEF definition in the DSDT, and of course USB 3.0 which doesn't have a solution at the moment.

If you want, you can unlock the core limit to 16 physical cores (32 logical) with a perl patch command, let me know if you need it.

All in all, El Capitan is running pretty smooth, at least smoother than Yosemite was.

Lets keep in touch in case we manage to make the rig work even better.

I run El Capitan with 6,1 SMBIOS. All works fine. I had to edit the info.plist in AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext. I copied the MacPro5,1 Entries and renamed them to MacPro6,1.
I used the AICPMPatch.pl and for the MSR and the Clover Patch for the AICPUPM kext.
I use the AGDPfix AppleScript to remove the GPU Power Config2. I have full PM and Turbo modes running. Lan and USB are working.
USB3.0 is not working as well as Audio.

The Perl Kernel Patch is no longer needed with El Capitan 10.11.2. It supports more than 32 logical cores now.

I found your post through searching and saw that you got the xeon build working.

Do you still use dsdt with your current clover and el capitan combo? Can you share your current config ? In multibeast, did you select intel generic sata?

How did you get the i350 ethernet work in el capitan?

For SMBios, what do you use ? 5.1 or 6.1? Anything needed to get the profile 5.1 or 6.1 works?

How did you get power management working?

I'm sorry for lots of question but I'm really struggling so far,

Finallye i got the installer to boot with legacy clover and dart=0, npci=0x2000, darkwake=0 -v flags. After the installation, i run multibeast and select intel generic sata under disk, fakeSMC + plugin + HWmonitor, voodooTSCSync 8cores, MacPro 5.1

Now after clover boot, select the installed OSX, loads some text quickly then hangs with black screen.

I even tried the USB clover that was able to boot the installed OSX with the same result.

The USB clover still boots into installer fine with the same flags mention above.

What did i do with my multibeast that broke this?

Thank you very much for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back