CPU
I7-8700
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a new asus z390 prime a mb, asus gt 640 2gb gpu i7 8700 cpu and 16gb kingston ram 3200....has someone tried this combination for a hackintosh? will it work? my previous hackintosh was working perfectly for 5 years..with ga z77ds3h, I hope asus z390 will be compatible too for my new hackintosh...

thanks,

Last edited:
I have a new asus z390 prime a mb, asus gt 640 2gb gpu i7 8700 cpu and 16gb kingston ram 3200....has someone tried this combination for a hackintosh? Will it work? My previous hackintosh was working perfectly for 5 years..with ga z77ds3h, I hope asus z390 will be compatible too for my new hackintosh...

thanks,

Your new system should be compatible with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra 10.13.6 / Mojave 10.14.6. But the GT 640 may have graphics glitch problems in High Sierra and Mojave. If you want to run High Sierra, Mojave or later, I suggest you consider replacing the graphics card with an AMD card such as a RX 560 (not XFX).

..i didnt have any problems with gt640 on my previous hackintosh on mojave...works great....now im stucked with bios on asus z 390 prime a....please tell me if you have any working settings for the bios..regards

I didn't have any problems with gt640 on my previous hackintosh on mojave...works great....now im stucked with bios on asus z 390 prime a....please tell me if you have any working settings for the bios..regards

If the card works for you, that's fine.

What is the problem that you have? Stuck in BIOS, as in unable to boot the USB stick? Have you made your bootable USB stick to install Mojave?

If the card works for you, that's fine.

What is the problem that you have? Stuck in BIOS, as in unable to boot the USB stick? Have you made your bootable USB stick to install Mojave?
..my problem is now that when I start install from usb unibeast it goes to 90 percent and it stays there..the screen is black only with apple logo and cursor showing 90 percent installed....I have set up the bios just like it should be...now Im trying with out gt 640 and its the same thing....wont go to the end....im so disapointed now...

My problem is now that when I start install from usb unibeast it goes to 90 percent and it stays there..the screen is black only with apple logo and cursor showing 90 percent installed....I have set up the bios just like it should be...now Im trying with out gt 640 and its the same thing....wont go to the end....I'm so disappointed now...

Start a new post in the appropriate Desktop Support forum to ask for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back