Contribute
Register

Announcement: AMD Based Systems and tonymacx86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to read :thumbup:. I thought I was the only one who used OpenCore Configurator! The author has kept on updating it and fixed bugs. It's a great visual tool. And free.

:)

When I set it up I was told OC Configurator was bad and told not to use it. However, after some time I noticed @CaseySJ was using it and promoting it in his Golden builds so I figured what the heck. Since then I have continued to use it, you just have to make sure that the version you are using works with the version of OC you are using. Sometimes the OC version will totally break the config from the previous version of OC. OC configurator now has an error message when you save your config telling you that you are saving your config in version .6 or .6.1 and it will break your config if you are not using the corresponding version of OC.

When I set it up I was told OC Configurator was bad and told not to use it. However, after some time I noticed @CaseySJ was using it and promoting it in his Golden builds so I figured what the heck. Since then I have continued to use it, you just have to make sure that the version you are using works with the version of OC you are using. Sometimes the OC version will totally break the config from the previous version of OC. OC configurator now has an error message when you save your config telling you that you are saving your config in version .6 or .6.1 and it will break your config if you are not using the corresponding version of OC.

Yes, it updated itself yesterday (for me) and I noticed the What's New panel.

I can get even more contentious here ... [controversial] I prefer OpenCore Configurator to Sanity Checker. Yes, I know they are different tools but when it comes to trust ... [/controversial]

I can get even more contentious here ... [controversial] I prefer OpenCore Configurator to Sanity Checker. Yes, I know they are different tools but when it comes to trust ... [/controversial]

i'm old school, PlistEditPro, and ocvalidate for me :)

i'm old school, PlistEditPro, and ocvalidate for me :)

(Well okay, I do check with TextEdit (!) in plain-text mode, to make sure the code is good).

Apple will soon get rid of AMD GPU’s.
Then they will make their own GPU.
Just the same way, Apple got rid of Nvidia and Intel

AMD is the next one on trim hit list.
Yes, Apple will use AMD for now until AMD is no longer need it.

Once Apple make the transition to their so called Apple Silicon.

Most likely they will begin GPU development

So just like Intel, AMD days are numbered.

Nvidia is going to buy ARM. They made a huge bid for it recently.

I continue to be proponent of OpenCore Configurator because it continues to evolve and improve. It's the easiest way to edit and maintain OC config files. However, version 2.12.0.0 has a bug that places DisableLinkeditJettison (OC 0.6.1) in Booter quirks instead of Kernel quirks. Hopefully this will be fixed very soon.

I continue to be proponent of OpenCore Configurator because it continues to evolve and improve. It's the easiest way to edit and maintain OC config files. However, version 2.12.0.0 has a bug that places DisableLinkeditJettison (OC 0.6.1) in Booter quirks instead of Kernel quirks. Hopefully this will be fixed very soon.
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 12.05.14 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back