Contribute
Register

An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope...disconnected all other drives & peripherals...

Yeah. Since i am using a Laptop with just one hard disk, i am trying to install it in a USB 3.0 External Hard disk. I got the same problem when i was trying to install on a Desktop. I dont think that might be the problem.

Yeah. Since i am using a Laptop with just one hard disk, i am trying to install it in a USB 3.0 External Hard disk. I got the same problem when i was trying to install on a Desktop. I dont think that might be the problem.

There is some suggestion on this Apple thread that it is a RAM issue. Read through the comments quickly:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6613145

EDIT, results of the search facility on this site:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.ph...cting files from the package „essentials.pkg“

Same issue, tried all of these including Hackn's solution... No dice. Tried swapping USB sticks too. Still stuck on the install... About to try to swap ram... Just for fun.

No Dice,

I had gotten Mavericks on this comp with no issues. But have had no luck with Yosemite. Don't know why it's being so difficult.

I'm going to give Clover a shot, but it looks more complicated than Unibeast, so might have to give up.

Do have have a bluetooth adapter? wifi? 8GB ram? This problem is usually caused from the RAM

It finally worked !!

guys I downloaded the latest version of UniBeast and a fresh copy of Yosemite on MacBook (laptop for laptop ), it worked .

I think the combination of the two things worked.

Of course you'll be rife with new problems , like wifi incompatibly, iCloud doesn't sign in etc ....

But this solved the essential.pkg problem for me

It finally worked !!

guys I downloaded the latest version of UniBeast and a fresh copy of Yosemite on MacBook (laptop for laptop ), it worked .

I think the combination of the two things worked.

Ofcourse you'll be rife with new problems , like wifi incompatibly, iCloud doesn't sign in etc ....

But this solved the essential.pkg problem for me

Can you get to the MAS and download a fresh Yosemite installer and use UniBeast to create a new installer for your desktop hardware?

solved the essential.pkg problem
Downloaded 10.10.1 again to the app folder. Deleted the old one.
Unibeast 5.0.2
Installed without this error finally.
Obviously the osx Installerfile seem to remember if it was used previously.
So if this error occurs just download a fresh never used installerfile.

Well I have read and tried every single thing in this thread now including things that really have no chance of working for my machine. I'm come to the conclusion that there is not a solid answer. I have decided to go back to mountain lion.

I have a good 8-10 hours of effort put into this install and it's just a no go. For those like me who are having this problem and reading through every single comment to try and find a solution I have a few things to add:

1.) https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6600995 This thread says that this is an issue happening with legitimate apple computers as well. It suggests using OEM apple memory. I don't have it to test but maybe it will help someone.

2.) Here is my specs z77x-ud3h Gigabyte, 16 gigs corsair ram, 480gig crucial ssd, i7 3770k intel

More specifically things that I did
Tried 4 different USB sticks. Two 8s and two 16's
Totally uninstalled unibeast, multi beast, and the actual yosemite os and reinstalled and reformatted usb's and set them up 3-4 times each and tried.

Tried all flags in this thread most specifically -no-zp -x and all combinations including graphicsenabler=yes even though I don't have an old graphics card.

Tried preparing the USB with GUID instead of Master Boot Record.

Tried with my GPU plugged in and with it unplugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back