Contribute
Register

An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the same issue. It is caused by a corrupt file. Think it may have been leftovers from my clover installation. Try making the bootable USB drive on a new mac and USB if you can. Worked for me and had no issues from there.

I can't test this, but I'm positive it could be the cause...
It's the RAM problem... No, not the amount of RAM, but the manufacturers of the RAM...
If anyone has some spare RAM lying around, could you try?
Like, pull your RAM out and try with another company's RAM. 2GB is enough.
Of course, download a fresh Yosemite Installation and reformat the USB first...
If this works, it could solve a ton of users' issues.
Unfortunately I don't have any DDR3 RAM lying around, so I can't confirm my theory.

After three days reading ALL posts and trying ALL solutions without success :banghead:, I've found the real problem for this f**_n error.

My unibeast usb installer that give me error works fine.. no corrupted files, no missing files/folder, no RAM, no boot flags needed or other strange things.. it's an SSD hardware related issue!

All my test with a Samsung 840 Evo SSD going wrong with same Essentials.pkg error.. changing this SSD with a 120 SanDisk one, installation going fine at first time, with no flags!

The strange thing it's that cloning SanDisk to Samsung after installation, system boot fine without any issues.. so it's only related to installation procedure..

hope this really can help someone..

Yeah I got this same issue RIGHT EXACTLY NOW with Samsung EVO 840 250GB.

I had split my SSD into two partitions, 1 for Windows 7 and 2 for OSX.

I'm now in the process of trying different boot flags if I'd have any luck. If not.
Then I'm going to grab a new SSD and leave this 250GB for Win7.

Does anyone know other SSD's that would work with Hackintosh? What precise SanDisk are you running on?

THE BREAK DOWN!!!. THIS WORK FOR ME!! FOR BOOT0 ERROR.

Your Code:

dd if=/Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
-
V on volumes is Caps
- where it says
USB you should type the name of your Flash Drive. in my case, it was USB. (when you use UniBeast on your flash drive. you created a partition on it. You named it!! what it's name? is easy to find ill show you after the break down)
- Make sure your number is i386
-Make sure to restart properly and DO NOT TURN IT OFF OR UNPLUG OR ANYTHING OF THAT MATTER.

How to find the name of your FLash drive!!!!:
-turn off your computer
-press F12, select USB (the one you created with Unibeast to install Yosemite or any Mac OS)
-on the selection screen. ( the first hint of your USB name is the name under that logo. mine was USB)
mac1.jpg
-after you pass that logo, go to utilities, UNMOUNT your Mac installation partition HDD. close that utilities.
mac2.jpg
-then go to utilities and go to terminal. and type: diskutil list and if your USB is connected. the name should appear on that list.right affter Apple_HFS "name" where ever you found that code. the last part of the code. is the name of your USB.

Tips over all.
-Do your mac set up thru HDMI. if your using a GFX make sure is compatible, and all your bios is set to proper options.

Follow this guy Bios set up if you using any Gigabyte board.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ng-gt-i7-4790k-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-sc.html

- If you encounter any errors thru installations. DO NOT PANIC. THIS TAKE TIME!!! AND PATIENCE. one of the easiest thing to try after revising everything you done so far and options is to type -x so can load your system in safe mode. just type -x at the selections screen before pressing enter.

mac1.jpg

- if you keep having issues. try removing ur GFX card and installing it on the second part of the installation.

and last by not least. Donate to this amazing project that is Tonymacx86 and all the team that work here. thanks to them we have hackintosh and we are now proud users once you beat the errors.

Changing Corsair Vengeance 4GB v10 to my sons Corsair Vengeance 4GB v12 solved the problem. So in my case its related to RAM.

Ive been battling this very annoying error. Im 99% sure its just a USB file copy problem. So i went and did the following MD5 checksums of the source vs USB:

Code:
Jasjeets-Pro:~ jasjeet$ MD5 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages/Essentials.pkg 
MD5 (/Volumes/OS X Install ESD/Packages/Essentials.pkg) = 508b17c646eec73bc425772b3fe7d0b2
Jasjeets-Pro:~ jasjeet$ MD5 /Volumes/Yosemite\ Install\ Disk\ -\ 10.10/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg 
MD5 (/Volumes/Yosemite Install Disk - 10.10/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg) = 20b71f5af260423b80d43c16f09e49cd
Jasjeets-Pro:~ jasjeet$ md5 /Volumes/Yosemite\ Install\ Disk\ -\ 10.10/System/Installation/Packages/JavaEssentials.pkg 
MD5 (/Volumes/Yosemite Install Disk - 10.10/System/Installation/Packages/JavaEssentials.pkg) = 31a3e7b3f778187667a2704a8788d656
Jasjeets-Pro:~ jasjeet$ md5 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages/JavaEssentials.pkg 
MD5 (/Volumes/OS X Install ESD/Packages/JavaEssentials.pkg) = 31a3e7b3f778187667a2704a8788d656

As you can see the MD5 is a mismatch, however matches fine for JavaEssentials.pkg. I am manually copying the file over now, and then check if the checksum is a match before proceeding. Will post progress. This is the 2nd USB thumb drive too.

Edit 1: Still a checksum mismatch, therefore I'm using an old 20GB SSD to test it now.

Edit 2: Just finished building the 20Gb SSD installation media, hash check matches! Now i will install to the machine.

Edit3: Success.

I had this issue 2 times now and what I did was partition my SSD into 2 paritions with one being smaller then 250GB (230GB).

Tried this with:
-Samsung EVO 840 (500GB - split into 2 paritions - what disk util does automatically)
Installed on the 1st parition
-Samsung EVO 850 (250GB - split into 2 paritions - 230GB and the second one with the other 20GB).
Installed on the 1st partition - 230GB

Worked for me both times.

Note: I also removed the wifi card, graphics card and 1 slot of ram.

Hope this helps anyone.

Thanks @forqq, your tip helped me too! I was stuck on the Essentials.pkg error, and had tried everything, re-downloading yosemite, unibeast, etc... nothing helped... except the re-partitioning trick you showed here. After installing osx, I removed the extra partition and resized the system partition to take the whole drive and it is as if it has been like that the whole time! :)

My config is a 1tb samsung 850 evo, z97x-ud7 th gigabyte mobo, i7-4790k cpu, 32gb g.skill ripjaws x series.

-A

I confirm.

When tryng to install El Capitan from scratch, it kept refusing the install, arguing that it couldn't unpack essentials.pkg.
I replaced my single 8GB RAM (that had been working fine for a year w. Yosemite) and, voilà ! it went fine on the following attempt.

Watch your RAM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back