Contribute
Register

AMD5670 - No sound on HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, DSDT is the next step, but we will also need a copy of your IOReg in order to find your graphics card location. It's possible to add the Uakari framebuffer directly to your DSDT so it is always automatically loaded with your card. You would no longer need to specify Uakari as the framebuffer nor would you need to use GE=Yes. Alternatively, you could add both of those values into your org.chameleon.boot.plist, so that's completely up to you.

I've attached the last properly working version of IORegistryExplorer which is Apple's own app. Open it up on your system, 'Save as' a copy of it, and upload it here so I can add the values to the DSDT.

Is the DSDT you uploaded already edited from the DSDT database, or did you extract a clean copy yourself? Also, what is the motherboard you're using for this build?

Thanks,

Dil83

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.app.zip
    241 KB · Views: 83
Hi Dil83

The DSDT I uploaded earlier is from DPCIManager 1.5. I just launch the tool and clicked on "Extract DSDT".

Here is the IORegistry file of my computer : View attachment Mac Pro de Julien.zip

My motherboard is a Asrock H61M-HVS. I heard there is some troubles with power management... this is an other problem... last one with this built I hope.

Well, thank you again. This computer will made a really cool media center. ;)

Here's your edited DSDT. Put the DSDT.aml file in your /Extra folder and then reboot. You should have working HDMI audio.

Also, you no longer need to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes or AtiConfig=Uakari. I added that info directly into the DSDT.

Dil83

Attachments

• HDMI Patched DSDT.aml.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 115
Thanks !

I can't wait to try this.

I'll try this after my job ;)

Hi

I added the file in /Extra and I rebooted the computer.

My graphic card is now recognized as a 5670 so this is cool I don't have to add GE=Yes and AtiConfig on boot.

But, sadly, I still don't have sound on HDMI. I don't have sound aniway, no output devices...

Try this one, I changed it a bit and added some values I missed.

Dil83

Attachments

• HDMI Patched DSDT #2.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 115
Thank you but still no sound :(

No audio output device...

But when I launch System Report I got this in audio section :
audio.png

Did I forgot something ? Maybe my AppleHDA is not the original one. I think so but I tried so much way to get sound on this computer so I may have edited this kext.
Should I run Multibeast I add drivers for the sound chipset on my videocard ?

So I'm now running Multibeast to install drivers for ALC889 with DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back