CPU
i7-7820x
Graphics
RX 550
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,
Finally, I manage to install High Sierra and after that, I updated OS to Mojave.

Now I'm trying to run RX550 but without luck.

I read a few threads where RX550 was used and there it works without any problem.

SPECS:
MB: MSI x299 SLI Plus
CPU: I7-7820x
GPU: RX550 2GB (0x699F) - [edited] from 4GB
Mojave version 10.14.6

I'm trying to modify DSDT but it too hard for me.

My GPU is Lexa Pro RX 550:
0x699F1002

-Device Path:
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

-IOReg Name:
1/BR1A@0/SL01@0

Could someone help me or does it make no sense and I have to replace the graphics card, for example with RX560?

Last edited:
Hello,
Finally, I manage to install High Sierra and after that, I updated OS to Mojave.

Now I'm trying to run RX550 but without luck.

I read a few threads where RX550 was used and there it works without any problem.

SPECS:
MB: MSI x299 SLI Plus
CPU: I7-7820x
GPU: RX550 4GB (0x699F)
Mojave version 10.14.6

I'm trying to modify DSDT but it too hard for me.

0x699F1002

-Device Path:
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

-IOReg Name:
1/BR1A@0/SL01@0

Could someone help me or does it make no sense and I have to replace the graphics card, for example with RX560?
Which brand 550?

The Lexa core 550s will not work no matter what you do. Has to be Polaris based.
The only 550 I've seen work with macOS is the Yeston RX550 4GB from China. I think
that is actually a rebranded RX 460 in reality.

Last edited:
Here's a full height Yeston RX550 and they even say it is Polaris based. The key spec is the 640 Shaders / Stream Processors. In this example they call them Cores instead of Shaders. Instead of paying the high price they ask for these it's better to get a name brand RX 570 instead.
1592523195203.png

Memory: 4GB GDDR5 (128Bit)
Recommended PSU: 300W 4K Resolution: Supported
Model: RX550-4G D5 Memory Clock Speed: 6000 MHz
Radeon Chill: Support Open GL Version: Support 4.5
Radeon FreeSync Technology: Support Cores: 640 Units
Power Consumption: 50W AMD Eyefinity Technology: Support
Interface: PCI-Express x 16 3.0 Core Clock: 1071 MHz
Core Name: Polaris 12 Processing Unit: AMD Radeon RX 550
UPC:

Here's one example of Chinese sellers that don't tell the truth about what the card really is. These 50 dollar + 1050 Ti cards are not really 1050 Ti based. They are a much older Nvidia card that they repackage and flash the BIOS to say 1050 Ti. It's an old card that is not even worth 50 dollars. They dump these on unsuspecting "budget" gamers in the USA and other countries. These are as phony as a 9 dollar bill. See Youtube for videos on this topic.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

The Lexa core 550s will not work no matter what you do. Has to be Polaris based.
The only 550 I've seen work with macOS is the Yeston RX550 4GB from China. I think
that is actually a rebranded RX 460 in reality.
There seems to be mixed results. Sapphire also made a cut down Polaris card but others are reporting the Lexa working. Initially Apple didn’t support it but I believe the device ID is in the Kexts now. But, there may be vbios issues depending on brand.

but others are reporting the Lexa working.
The author of that guide says they are faking the ID of the card. The Yeston cards mentioned above work without having to do that.

Even if you can get a Lexa RX550 to work I wouldn't recommend one due to the poor performance for the money you pay for them. RX570s are the best value right now whether you buy new or used.

The author of that guide says they are faking the ID of the card. The Yeston cards mentioned above work without having to do that.

Even if you can get a Lexa RX550 to work I wouldn't recommend one due to the poor performance for the money you pay for them. RX570s are the best value right now whether you buy new or used.
Sapphire had/has one as well with the 67ef ID. People are using them, if it’s the only option it may be worth the trouble and research, or should I say search?

Here's a shot of the setup using EDID. You would've to adjust IGPU ID.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 8.22.22 PM.png

Last edited:
I'm very sorry, I made a mistake. The macOS shows me this GPU like 4GB, but this is 2GB.
Gigabyte GV-RX550D5-2GD rev. 1.0

I am very grateful for the hints and once again I apologize for the mistake in the first post.

Can you recommend some cheap graphics which will work by default? It is intended only for displaying a music program, not for games or other more demanding work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back