1. Android
System Specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU: i7 8700k
Ram: 16gb DDR4 @3000
GPU: Asus AMD RX 580

Clover 4444
macOS 10.13.4

So I don't know if this issue is hackintosh related or Mac in general related? But I tried to convert a 3Gb .mov to .mp4 today using Adobe Media Encoder and on both GPU accelerated APIs Metal and OpenCl my system would completely freeze and hang. If I used just software Encoding on the CPU it seems to be just fine. Is this a known issue? Also I will try later when I have more time, but I have Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Media Encoder, Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects will they all hang on GPU encoding? I am okay using software I have a 12 core CPU, just wondering.

Thanks in advance!

Oh I just looked something up on this and it said these programs use the IGPU for GPU acceleration encoding.. which I have disabled right now. But literally what's the point of encoding with just the igpu? Why doesn't it use the dedicated GPU? It would be so much faster and better.

Did you ever find a fix for this firebat? I'm having the same issue. Everything seems to work great with the RX580 except for Media Encoder and Compressor. (locks up machine) There is no onboard graphics on my board though, so I may need a completely different solve.

Thanks Mixaa! I've installed the swapID.kext and used the enable-baffin-CUs script from a thread in that thread and so far, so good! I've searched and searched for an answer for this for a couple of days and never came across those posts. I was getting tired of dealing with nVidia-related errors so I picked up this RX580 card at Fry's out of desperation. Now for torture testing... :headbang:

Thanks Mixaa! I've installed the swapID.kext and used the enable-baffin-CUs script from a thread in that thread and so far, so good! I've searched and searched for an answer for this for a couple of days and never came across those posts. I was getting tired of dealing with nVidia-related errors so I picked up this RX580 card at Fry's out of desperation. Now for torture testing... :headbang:

:clap:

What is swapID.kext do?

Hello, seems that I have the same problem.
Does someone have a howto to solve the problem?

Where can I get those files
swapID.kext
?

Same problem using premiere cc system crash only using hardware encoding with software encoding its work fine but will be nice to use hardware acceleration. Somebody now how to have it working? Thanks

This is a known issue, guys, even with a real Mac.

When you export, don't move the mouse or do anything else while exporting.

This also happens with Premiere exporter (to any codec)

The easiest way to hang a system is to export in premiere/media encoder and watch a YT video on chrome, easy freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back