Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
LuxMark with two Gpus

R9 380 PCI-e 4x 2GB
RX 480 PCI-e 16x 4GB

so sad with Z97 I have only one 16x port...

Снимок экрана 2016-11-14 в 19.07.42.png

Last edited:
With just one Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB installed in my system I am able to boot into sierra with acceleration. However, I have to try booting into Sierra 3 to 5 times before it will boot without crashing. I keep getting the white circle with a line through it. If I keep restarting and trying again it will eventually boot. Any ideas?

The crashing has now been fixed. I updated to the latest Clover v2.3k_r3922. However, still will not work with dual cards. It does work with dual monitors.

Has anyone been able to get dual Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB working yet? Or any of the 480s? I only get black screens. I have dual monitors working now on one card. However, as soon as I add the second card and boot I get black screens. For about 5 seconds one of the monitors was snowy like watching a television with an old rabbit ears antenna and analog station that had no signal. iojones file attached bellow is with only one card present. Obviously, I am not able to save a copy with two cards.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.5 KB · Views: 227
  • AMDRadeonX4100.kext.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 119
  • iMac-Jason.iojones
    2.2 MB · Views: 113
2azmagabooks
-Need to edit AMD4100 kext
-use primary iGPU intel hd on BIOS
-inject intel and ati via clover
-update clover latest version

2azmagabooks
-Need to edit AMD4100 kext
-use primary iGPU intel hd on BIOS
-inject intel and ati via clover
-update clover latest version

The only thing I had not done was to inject intel and ati via clover. After I injected them I still had the same problem: black screens. I had already updated clover this morning and it fixed some other problems I was having.

Here are my full specs:

Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower (CC-9011073-WW)
ga-z170x-gaming gt
i7-6700k
Corsair H80i High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
(2) sapphire nitro+ rx 480 8gb
Crucial Ballistix sport lt 64gb kit
4 Antennas 802.11AC Wifi BCM94360CD Wireless Network with Bluetooth 4.0
Pioneer Electronics Internal Blu-Ray Writer (BDR-2209)
Rosewill 74-In-1 3.5-Inch Internal Card Reader with USB Port 3.0 (RDCR-11003)
Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adpater
Focusrite Clarett 2Pre (Thunderbolt)
(working in both Sierra and Windows 10)
(2) Dell Ultra 4k Monitor P2715Q (connected to sapphire nitro+ plugged into 1st pcie 16x)
Dell SE178WFP Monitor (connected to Intel HD 530)
Logitech MX Anywhere 2
Logitech Wireless Solar Keaboard K750 for Mac

Sure to set in UEFI BIOS , primary iGPU? and switch HDMI or DVI cable to one of AMD card?

Sure to set in UEFI BIOS , primary iGPU? and switch HDMI or DVI cable to one of AMD card?

Yes, I have iGPU selected in bios.
As stated above, I have three monitors. Two connected to Rx 480 and one connected to integrated. I just leave them all plugged in. However, for the sake of argument. I tried with just one monitor plugged into iGPU booted to clover highlighted MacOS Sierra and then switched the cable to Rx 480. I then hit return (enter) and it did not work. All I received is a lit up black screen. Both cards work fine when I boot to Windows 10.

Same problem for me with sapphire rx 480 nitro oc 8gb: black screen when is near to finish load the system. With old clover i seen some pixels in colour and stuck. With the last clover and primary igp on bios i got a black screen. i m using hdmi to dvi cable.

i got a tomahawk z170a motherboard maybe is a problem with z170 azmagabooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back