Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem for me with sapphire rx 480 nitro oc 8gb: black screen when is near to finish load the system. With old clover i seen some pixels in colour and stuck. With the last clover and primary igp on bios i got a black screen. i m using hdmi to dvi cable.

Are you using one Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB or are you using two cards? I have no problem getting one to work. My problem is when I add the second card. Refer to my post #195 above for my config.plist and AMDRadeonX4100.kext if you are still trying to get just one card to working.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 10.29.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 10.29.51 PM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 241
2akash227 , kext on attach

2azmagabooks , kext 4100 with edit? set no fake ids, set both injection intel and ati , or just ATI.

Attachments

• AMDRadeonX4100.kext.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 138
So I had to get another card because I was dumb and my water block would no fit the sapphire nitro+
So now I have a reference xfx 480 and again I tried everything and still no acceleration. So I am clearly doing something wrong.
And @Gigamaxx when you said to set your chipset to "auto" did you mean the xHCI?
I tried the editing the extension. I tried fakeID. The only thing I did not do was boot into recovery but for some reason I do not have a recovery partition for serria. I have a El Capitan recovery but I can not boot into it.

So I had to get another card because I was dumb and my water block would no fit the sapphire nitro+
So now I have a reference xfx 480 and again I tried everything and still no acceleration. So I am clearly doing something wrong.
And @Gigamaxx when you said to set your chipset to "auto" did you mean the xHCI?
I tried the editing the extension. I tried fakeID. The only thing I did not do was boot into recovery but for some reason I do not have a recovery partition for serria. I have a El Capitan recovery but I can not boot into it.

BIOS:
Boot mode: UEFI only
CSM: disabled
OS type: Other OS
---
Graphics: iGPU Enabled
Primary GPU: iGPU
---

Sierra Install:
then remake the Clover installer from scratch with a newly formatted USB stick.
reinstall Sierra 12.1 to a newly formatted SSD without 480 installed. Connect your monitor to your motherboard port.
Check everything is working properly, including Recovery.
Shutdown.

480 Install:
Install 480, and do not change the monitor port.
Boot into OSX, and patch the 4100 Kext. do NOT change the monitor port (still attached to your motherboard).
Reboot. Check the correct presence of 480 in your Mac.
Shutdown. Connect your monitor to 480.

In board bios screen you have "peripherals" for igpu as primary, then in Chipset the next option over you have auto, and I believe graphics ram options. Set those to 64mb, and max settings if you have them. I'm going from my Gigabyte z170 board.

With the latest clover 3923 I only used inject ATI (no fake ID, EDID, or load Vbios), and no inject Intel. It does require the 4100kext change to be made.

Are you sure your placement of the info.plist is correct? Go to the 4100kext and show contents. Open up the two blue folders and see if there is a copy of the info.plist in one of those folders. I did that once and finally found the extra copy which corrupted the kext. When you make the kext change you should get "Authenitcate" and "replace" options, then save changes and then run kext tool for repair permissions before reboot. Missing any of these steps will result in an error.

Same problem for me with sapphire rx 480 nitro oc 8gb: black screen when is near to finish load the system. With old clover i seen some pixels in colour and stuck. With the last clover and primary igp on bios i got a black screen. i m using hdmi to dvi cable.

I have the same problem as you, with the same cable too, I think that is a problem with the monitor and the cable I don't know, I tried different methods and don't get my XFX RX 480 8gb Reference work on macOS 10.12.2 Beta 3

Weird I have the same card and this is my score, can you attach your AMD4100 kext so I can compare the two?

I noticed he's using Uningine valley, your score is for Uningine Heaven. Download Uningine valley and check your score.

Okay @Gigamaxx when you use inject ATI I assume you use 0x67ff1002
but there are two more options in the clover options one is set to null. And yes I copied it correctly (show contents>Contents>info.plist)

I guess I will have to reinstall really not looking forward to that. So time consuming.

And beside peripherals is power options
I am just unsure what you are setting to auto the chipset is set to auto? I do not have a chipset option not under that name.
I am also using clover in legacy will that mess with the 480 at all?

Last edited:
Okay @Gigamaxx when you use inject ATI I assume you use 0x67ff1002
but there are two more options in the clover options one is set to null. And yes I copied it correctly (show contents>Contents>info.plist)

I guess I will have to reinstall really not looking forward to that. So time consuming.

And beside peripherals is power options
I am just unsure what you are setting to auto the chipset is set to auto? I do not have a chipset option not under that name.
I am also using clover in legacy will that mess with 480 at all?

You may not need to reload sierra, you can remove clover in EFI partition , and EFI backups and reload.

Do you have the latest clover 3923 installed on EFI partition? With 3923 you only need to inject ATI, don't set Framebuffer name to Baffin, no EDID, no load Vbios. The only thing to do is the kext change 4100.

If you have the kext correct, and use only inject ATI with 3923 installed you should get metal support in "About this Mac" it should read AMD Radeon RX 480. I tried some of the other later versions of clover and had boot problems with the RX, only 3922-23 works for me now.

If you have another clover version, you can download the latest, and use EFIMounter and move current version to trash and then run the new install. Just make sure to save your config.plist to deasktop and replace it in the new version in EFI (clover auto loads MacBook 1.1 as default and uses just about every sdst, and dsdt setting). Also, check your main partition "EFI backups" and remove it as well. If you have two versions of clover they can conflict with each other, not always but if there's big differences in settings it can complicate things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back